Weekly Post 08.11. - 15.11.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
Had a good week. Not perfect but good and will try to continue with that B) The dent in my weight wasn't as big as I'd hoped for, but I'm OK with that. My starting point tomorrow should be quite a bit under last Monday, so the trend is OK.

Great weather this weekend, so I got in about 23-25km of running and walking the last two days. Two run / walk combos with my care horse and I am seeing quite an improvement in my running speed. He challenges my speed, as I am a bit slow for him to trot the whole time, but we're getting there. Also walked to my fruit farmer in the late afternoon to get my apples for the week.

I have 3 different precooked meals for non fast days and my fast meals for Mo and Fr are almost ready too. So I should be able to get in another good week. Preparation is my key and logging again on normal days....well keeps me honest. I'm just a foodie and can eat way over maintainance, if I not careful....

Weather should stay sunny and warm, so my next run with my care horse is on Tuesday :)

Have a great start to your week!

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Sounds great @Flumi_f. I think planning meals for non-fast days is really key.

Last week was a real struggle for me. I only managed one fast day (that hasn't happened for months!) and my emotions are a bit frayed. Sometimes things don't turn out the way you hoped, but I have had to adapt and grow from it. However not without a bit of stress and comfort food :( But what really helps is a 2 year old's smile and hearty laugh!

Good news though, I have turned in my thesis draft and am now awaiting approval. The only problem now is filling my time and feeling productive. The thesis has taken so much of my time, now I have to re-prioritise things. Cleaning, organising and maybe finding a bit of 'me' time again.

Today is a fast day and I will make it through, despite this huge headache. More water me thinks! I had a bit of a win yesterday (little one) I had pizza with the kids for lunch, but decided that was enough for me and skipped dinner. Still a tad over my maintenance allowance, but would have been way over if I hadn't skipped dinner.

Little boost though, the hubby says, 'you've lost so much weight'. That was nice :) .
  • snaps27
    Options
    tveyftuuqbdk.jpg

This is my first attend of cauliflower mashed 'potatoes'. Very tasty carb sub. This dish with broccoli and spicy tomato chicken is all under 500cal and I could have save 100cals if I left out the Mozzarella. Really filling too.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Looks yummy. Cauliflower is great and filling on fast days.

Have eaten my fast day cals. Off to tailor chi soon. Then a hot tea and an early night, I think :)
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the thesis Snaps!

Edit: Ooops...I mean finishing the draft.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @snaps27 hi, how did you make your cauliflower mash.... Did you add any milk/butter to bind it a bit?? I'd like to try this and will probs check out recipe online
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ahhhh fast day today! Just had 2 sticks of celery with 1/2 tblsp salmon cream cheese on each! Pretty tasty and crunchy. I'm actually enjoying the fast days and am looking forward to my spicy coleslaw with peanut dressing and a drizzle of Sriracha later for dinner. Today I'll add some green onions, red pepper and 1 tbsp crushed peanuts! Strawberries later for dessert. Water with a slice of lime in a wine glass!! Anyone else fasting today? What are you having??
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Had a great run today! 'Only' 5k but in 33min, which for me is like the speed of light :p Having a horse lead the way is making me fast!!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    First fast of the week and a good one! I sort of fell behind in my discipline after Halloween and it felt good to be back in control. I had vegan split pea soup which made staying under 500 calories easy. I walked early this morning then danced my booty off in ballet class today. Looking forward to another successful fast on Friday. I'm prepping for Thanksgiving :#
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well...blew my fast today....TOM and I don't make for a successful combo...ended at around 1100. Ah well. Will try to keep tomorrow a little under maintainance and have runs planned for Saturday and Sunday.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    29k in 4 run / walk combos with my care horse since Sunday. So, I'm calling it a successful week even though my weight is still at 61kg and I blew my fast yesterday.

Laundry done, lentil veggie stew cooked, 9k run in all before lunch today. Off to a nice little concert this evening. So all in all today is also a great day, sun shining and all B)

Have a great weekend!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The stars must have been out of alignment yesterday! I blew my fast too, Flumi. By 3:30, I just couldn't take it and ate more than I intended. Then, of course, after several glasses of wine, it all went to hell in a hand basket. I'm regretting my poor choices this morning, but looking forward to a week of redemption starting with a Minday fast. Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Well I think I undid all my good work on Friday's fast with Saturday's feast! (including several glasses of red wine)
    How many calories are in a Tylenol anyway?
  • snaps27
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    Congrats on finishing the thesis Snaps!

Edit: Ooops...I mean finishing the draft.

Thanks Orlcam! It has been a major struggle, but I am seeing the end of it. Hurray!!

• snaps27
    Options
    @snaps27 hi, how did you make your cauliflower mash.... Did you add any milk/butter to bind it a bit?? I'd like to try this and will probs check out recipe online

It was my first time trying it. I put a bit of milk, tiny butter and chesse :# It seemed a bit watery, but the site did say if you cook it too long then it can get watery. With practice I am sure I can do better. I was both tasty and filling.