Gastric Bypass Results

Options
I was wondering if I could see weight loss progress with people who have had Gastric Bypass? It would be nice to see how much weight is lost each month ( I know everyone is different, but I would like to get an ideal ). I would also like to know what everyone is doing to tone up the extra skin.

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Here you go: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10268903/the-before-current-photo-thread#latest

This forum in not user friendly when it comes to searching. You can however read a bunch of past threads by clicking on the "All Discussions" link, found to the right of the main group page. Lots of good reading to be had :)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    RNY January 19th. 135lbs total lost, 115 since surgery.

Currently:
    knm6mtgghyag.jpg

Highest weight and my oldest daughter at my goal weight:
    wbfb58ksl1wt.jpg

As for skin, there's nothing you can do about it. Work out, take care of your skin to keep it as tight as it's going to get and if you have a lot once you're done losing, get skin removal surgery. Skin is genetic and there's really nothing you can do except deal with what you have once it's done.
  • JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I had a RNY Distal
    Highest Weight:: 316 in Dec 2014
    WLS Start: 310 in Jan 20, 2015
    Surgery Day: 293 on May 27, 2015
    1 mo post op 270
    2 mo 246
    3 mo 237
    4 mo 221
    5 mo 212
    ... however.... everyone is different. My nutritionist was worried that I was dropping fast, but I had reasons like small complications of stomas, and my back herniated. Pain medication for a month certainly didn't help with eating. These reasons I was not eating as much as the plan suggested. I was on pureed food longer than most, supplementing with protein shakes and bars.
    Now as I enter my 6th month, my hunger, and ability to eat more are well in place. Now I'm working on eating the right stuff (high protein, low calorie) instead of just trying to get some protein into my body. My daily calorie intake is around 700-1000, earlier it was closer to 400-500.
    I walk and hike. I like to do some climbing when I can. I was a cyclist in my past, and will try that again in the spring.
    Loose skin. It is in my stomach area of course, upper legs and arms, and my panties sit above the line that is actually where my buttock end. Toning the skin will not happen... toning the body underneath is the key!
    Getting more muscle so that the sagging looks okay as an overlayer is my goal!