Stronglifts routine

Options
prattiger65
prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
I posted this on the Stronglifts page also, so if you are seeing it twice, I apologize. But here is my question.

I am doing Stronglifts during my lunch break. I get an hour and up until now I have had plenty of time. However, as the weight gets heavier I need a little more time between sets and I am soon to be at a point where I cant finish. My question is, Could I split this further? Say, Squat/bench, Squat/press, squat/dead, ???/rows? So, four days instead of 3. Or some other variation?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    do 3 sets instead of 5
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    do 3 sets instead of 5

this
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Sticking with the lifts/rotation as-is and going to 3x5 instead of 5x5 would be my recommendation also, at which point it basically becomes a variation of Starting Strength.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Sticking with the lifts/rotation as-is and going to 3x5 instead of 5x5 would be my recommendation also, at which point it basically becomes a variation of Starting Strength.

SL is a SS ripoff anyway
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    i am reading starting strength now, and I see what you mean. Very similar program with SS adding cleans.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What is a clean?? I think I'm the only person on here who has no idea what those are!! Lol
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @Tracie, check out www.exrx.net, there are little video clips of tons of different lifts.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    What is a clean?? I think I'm the only person on here who has no idea what those are!! Lol

it's a lift I wouldn't bother starting unless you have a trainer/coach to teach you and watch you perform correctly. It's a very functional exercise, but it's an EASY lift to do wrong.

I HATE them with a passion personally. Easily my most hated lift when I played football (last time I did one).
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

it's a lift I wouldn't bother starting unless you have a trainer/coach to teach you and watch you perform correctly. It's a very functional exercise, but it's an EASY lift to do wrong.

I HATE them with a passion personally. Easily my most hated lift when I played football (last time I did one).

Agreed. I just worked on them with one of the coaches at the Crossfit gym I just joined. I would not want to work on it alone. The timing is a bit tricky and it needs to be done in good form to get the most benefit out of it.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Agree on moving to 3x5 and also agree with abstaining from Oly lifts unless you have a good coach/trainer to teach you proper form.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking for now so we can keep track of active threads. Please PM either myself or SideSteel if you have further questions, including a link to this thread, and we will unlock it so you can post.
This discussion has been closed.