C25K with the Nike+ App for this "old man"

Options
tycamsdad
tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
First, I want to say that I love these message boards and just recently stumbled upon them.

I just finished up Week 4 this morning and have been feeling pretty good. I have peaked at Week 5 and know that it get a whole lot tougher now but I am up for the challenge. I started dieting and exercising at the first of the year and have come a long ways so I will not slow down now. I just registered for a "fun" 5K on August 10th that will be my reward for completing this program. http://www.trackmeat10k.com/

I am now looking for one in my local area the weekend before so I can measure my results with a clock.

Just a bit of back story. I was never a distance runner, even when I was athletic in high school. I spent four years in the military and always passed the fitness tests but never enjoyed the running part. Well, here I am at nearly 47 years old, two kids in college and tons of problems with my feet (flexible flat foot, gout, bunions, arthritis, etc.) and didn't think I would be able to do this. I am proving myself wrong everyday. Surprisingly, when I am running my feet don't hurt. They are sore afterwards but tolerable.

I have been using the Zen Labs C25K app with Nike+ so if anyone would like to add me on Nike+ my user name is Mike_Rose46

I hope to use everyone else's victories as my motivation to complete this program and prove to myself that I am not too old to accomplish this goal.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! Thanks for sharing!