What are your macro percentages!?

Options
2»

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Mine are 5c 35p 60f I don't know how well it's working though I have been fluctuating in the 160s for 4 months

I would defiantly say to much protein, try dropping that and upping fat and I bet $ you start dropping weight
  • naildriver61
    naildriver61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5% carbs - 30g
    74% fat - 204g
    21% protein - 135g
    Roughly 2550 calories daily
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5c, 25p, 70f. I love it! It's weird to look at something with 10 carbs as overeating, lol!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lol 10 carbs for one meal? That's a no no in my book! Lol
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Mine are 5c 35p 60f I don't know how well it's working though I have been fluctuating in the 160s for 4 months

I would defiantly say to much protein, try dropping that and upping fat and I bet $ you start dropping weight

I second this!! Also, my macros are currently:

10% Carbs (usually in the 8-12% range)
    10% Protein (usually in the 9-13% range)
    80% Fat (I try not to let this one get lower than 78%)
  • sassyangies
    sassyangies Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I was just looking for some insight on what I should be aiming my numbers at..
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Im a wellness advocate.

What is a wellness advocate? That actually sounds like a pretty amazing job.

I am set to 70F/25P/5C but I've been playing around with my protein numbers, because I think I massively overeat it (about 100 grams, I'm 5'4, 170 lb), so I am closer to 80F/15P/5C
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I work for a pharmacy. I do wellness consultations and vitamin profiles with patients. Promote and market our pharmacy "wellness" services and do influenza vaccine clinics in the fall. I'm on a conference call about that right now (so early in the AM here!) im in grad school right now getting my masters in public health (health promotion/behaviors) so it's a perfect job right now. My plan is to become a PA with an MPH so I can teach medicine when I'm old and change the world :wink:
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Im a wellness advocate.

I am set to 70F/25P/5C but I've been playing around with my protein numbers, because I think I massively overeat it (about 100 grams, I'm 5'4, 170 lb), so I am closer to 80F/15P/5C

• balesalicia
    Options
    I work for a pharmacy. I do wellness consultations and vitamin profiles with patients. Promote and market our pharmacy "wellness" services and do influenza vaccine clinics in the fall. I'm on a conference call about that right now (so early in the AM here!) im in grad school right now getting my masters in public health (health promotion/behaviors) so it's a perfect job right now. My plan is to become a PA with an MPH so I can teach medicine when I'm old and change the world :wink:
    Im a wellness advocate.

And Protien is easily converted to glucose in the liver so I think you are very intuitive in your thinking! I often go over on my protien. Got to keep it 80% fat for keto adaption!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @balesalicia I am also very physically active, 3 days a week heavy weights, 2-3 days a week interval training and 5 days a week steady state cardio (2-a-day workouts 4 days a week with steady-state cardio in the AM and other stuff in the PM). I am trying to figure out right now what my protein sweet spot is to lose the extra chub, but at the same time keep/improve my speed and strength.
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've stuck with 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat for the last 10 months. Works well for me, but everyone is different.
  • HFlippin2015
    HFlippin2015 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Gotta love stalls. Not! If I may, I would suggest upping your fats and dropping the protien. I only say this from experience. I had a 2 week stall and after research, increased my fats and dropping Protien down a bit and boom! Stall gone

Thanks ladies!!!
  • balesalicia
    Options
    Look up "Stephanie person" on YouTube. She has a spunky attitude but the more I watch her the more I flipping LOVE her!! She's brilliant with keto and is a hardcore lifter/ excercise person. I am gifting myself a consultation with her for my Christmas gift this year :smiley: she rocks and will help you!
    @balesalicia I am also very physically active, 3 days a week heavy weights, 2-3 days a week interval training and 5 days a week steady state cardio (2-a-day workouts 4 days a week with steady-state cardio in the AM and other stuff in the PM). I am trying to figure out right now what my protein sweet spot is to lose the extra chub, but at the same time keep/improve my speed and strength.