Please check my food diary for today?

Hello,

I plan to start keto tomorrow. I played around with the food diary today, and came up with something that was as close as I could to my goals/limits. After 5 years of pregnancy and breast feeding, it doesn't seem like much food!

Also, I am a runner. One long run of 20km, one sprints day, one medium run of 10km, one yoga, one boot camp.

Questions -

1. Does the diet I put in for today look right? Any suggestions?
2. Is 1329 calories realllly safe and ok? I weigh 63kg, 169cm tall.
3. 3. Should I add anything on heavy exercise days? Particularly the 20km run day.

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    for me the protein would be too high and the fat too low, but that's me.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    lodro wrote: »
    for me the protein would be too high and the fat too low, but that's me.

I agree with @lodro. I would aim for higher fat...

If 1329 calories does not seem like enough food, your weight loss goal might be too aggressive. How much weight are you expecting to lose per month? If you're struggling to meet your caloric goals, I would go with a smaller deficit and more gradual loss.

You should absolutely be eating back 50-75% of your estimated calorie burn, especially if you're running 20km. MFP calculates your daily calorie goal based on your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), which is the amount of calories you're burning without any exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Can i ask why so much protein? I would cut that down and at LEAST triple the grams of fat you have listed.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    protein is not a fuel source. Fats are, carbs are less efficiently so. If you are cutting carbs, you must increase your fats or your body will burn itself out. Agree with all of the above.