Sweet cravings!!!

Options
i am being driven crazy by the sweet tooth!! I am usually ok with mixing up some peanut butter and whipped cream but lately that hasn't been enough. I looked up some recipes but they seem difficult and call for off the wall ingredients.

Replies

• CC2435
    CC2435 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you use any sugar substitutes?
  • CC2435
    Options
    I don't know how it is for everyone else, but if I crave sweet stuff I'm usually behind on my water intake. It doesn't seem like it takes getting far behind either.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I find them easier to resist by completely going without rather than trying to eat sweets. That just makes me want more like you just described. I doubt eating more would leave you satisfied.
  • CC2435
    Options
    I find them easier to resist by completely going without rather than trying to eat sweets. That just makes me want more like you just described. I doubt eating more would leave you satisfied.

Yep. I agree.
  • HFlippin2015
    HFlippin2015 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Honest answers! Thx
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I too tend to avoid most everything sweet. A touch in my coffee/tea is about it. But when I want it, I just go get it and get it over with. I choose berries or another low-carb sweet and just eat it. And I pretty much eat all I want of it. I just log it and move on.

I did find that the first few months, it was best to go without any sweets, even fruits or berries. I just toughed it out. Then, I lost my taste for it. So now, it's almost an after thought. "I could do with a sweet." Ok, but do I want to go for a walk first, then get dressed and go to the store to get it? If the answer is yes, then I go get it. If I'm willing to wait, put on workout clothes, go for at least a 1 mile walk, come back, shower and put on different clothes, and then go get it... I really do want it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ is correct. The more substitutes you add, the more cravings you can have. I suggest eliminating them for a bit. Then, I would bet that the cravings disappear.

The recipes for sweet stuff are numerous, and involved, imo, and the ingredients aren't that easy to come by, unless you order them. But, by the time it's here, I'm not wanting it anymore.

Best of luck!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I found an apple butter, made by Amish Wedding Foods. Made with only 4 ingredients, apples, cider, cinnamon & citric acid. 1 tbsp = 20 calories, 4g carbs & 3g natural sugars. Mixed with peanut butter, this helps my sweet tooth, immensely!!
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I eat sugar free jello. Maybe for some faux sugar increases cravings, but for me, so far it has not.
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Coconut oil straight is so delicious and almost seems sweet to me. I just take it on a spoon! Lol. Also coconut chips (no sugar added). And coconut milk (full fat can and refrigerated overnight) with cocoa powder and stevia whipped into. "Chocolate mousse" is seriously divinity in a bowl!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options

This! If I have any artificial sweeteners the next day I will be climbing walls wanting something sweet!!! I learned that a month ago and haven't had any since and don't crave then even if hubby is eating white chocolate Oreos beside me!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    well, this morning I wanted something so I mixed some coconut oil, cocoa powder, some liquid stevia, erythritol and dipped some pecans and unsweetened coconut in it. Since the oil was solid due to temperature, this worked out extremely well and got me over the craving without spiking my glucose numbers.
  • rhondalankford692
    Options
    Eat a high fat snack and take L glutamine. I read about this supplement in the earlier Atkins book and it's helped me a lot. I like freshly cooked bacon when a craving strikes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    These are my go to when I need something sweet, amazingly delicious.

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Steamed coconut milk with cocoa (like the powdered baking cocoa) makes a good high-fat hot chocolate. Very filling. There are carbs in it, though, so careful if you're very-low carb.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Speaking of coconut:

51x9gTSe2GL.jpg

517UC6XoZEL.jpg

Toasted-Coconut-Flakes.jpg

No sugar or other sweeteners, but I swear they taste sweet to me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've used some fat bomb recipes that are pretty easy (ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa powder, PB and a little stevia). 85% dark chocolate helps, too. Or I recently found a pumpkin spice black tea that tastes sweet and wonderful even without adding anything. Chai has that effect for me, too.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Steamed coconut milk with cocoa (like the powdered baking cocoa) makes a good high-fat hot chocolate. Very filling. There are carbs in it, though, so careful if you're very-low carb.

That sounds amazing! Trying it!

Oh also, OP, I really like coconut milk and chia seed pudding. I did put in some Splenda packets but not a lot. For me it hasn't triggered cravings.
  • macchiatto
    Options

Those look SO GOOD!! I have all the ingredients ... except I think our only nut butter on hand has added sugar. Must remedy that asap. Thanks!
    (I am loving this thread. ;) )
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

Those look SO GOOD!! I have all the ingredients ... except I think our only nut butter on hand has added sugar. Must remedy that asap. Thanks!
    (I am loving this thread. ;) )

They're almost too good lol Willpower is needed not to scoff the whole lot at once :lol: