Frustrated and gaining

Options
I am getting so frustrated with my behavior. I have not been able to control myself lately with candy and sweets and it is showing on the scale. I had ankle surgery over the summer and did so well logging food and not cheating that I actually lost a pound even though I could not exercise. Now that I have been cleared for all exercise, I am totally out of control with my eating. I have been stuffing my face with chocolate and baked goods that I had no trouble with before. My ankle is still giving me a little trouble and I am no where near ready to do all the exercise that I was doing before, but I am feeling so hopeless. Need motivation to not cheat with my diet and other kind words.

Replies

• JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    <3 Big support hug. Eating is the hardest thing for me. When I find myself hoovering up all the food in reach, usually I'm feeling emotional or worried about something. Is there anything causing unusual stress in your life? Is your ankle still causing you pain that might drive you to the endorphins of sugary/carby food?

Also...it's circular. That hopeless feeling of being out of control and might as well eat the rest of the cupcakes because I'll never be thin anyways...that mean little voice LIES. Don't listen to it.

Just remember every day is a new day, and don't hesitate to praise yourself for every success. You're here on MFP working on bettering your health and enjoyment of life - so there's a win already :smiley:
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response! You made me feel so much better! My ankle is still bothering me a bit and I know that is a huge factor!
  • arlong426
    arlong426 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Courtney, it's so good to see that I am not the only one that is struggling with this. This seems to be a daily struggle for me and it doesn't help that sometimes I bake cakes for other people out of my home. Knowing that I can whip up any sweet treat I want at any time is horrible for me. I wish I wasn't a baker sometimes, as bad that might seem. I had leg surgery 3 years ago and I know the struggle that puts on you.

I am a mother of 2 kids and go to school full time and I am constantly on the go. I can't count the times that I run up and down stairs a day, its so much. I keep wondering if there isn't something wrong with me health wise. I have gained 15 pounds in the last 2 months! It's starting to get really discouraging. I stay away from pop and do my best to steer clear of sweets. But it seems no matter what I do, I'm gaining more and more. Something has got to give. I wish I had a work out buddy. I work best when someone is there with me.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So frustrating! I have 3 kids and now I find myself finishing off their plates. The madness has got to stop!