Help please

Options
Been doing this diet for 4 wks now. I think I'veonly been using FP for 3 though. I lost 10 lbs the first 2 wks then nothing until this morning where Ii gained 5! I'm not near TOM and I drank a lot of water yesterday can you look over my diary and give me suggestions on how to clean it up? Also I'm feeling physically tired a lot....In my muscles...Idk how to explain it.

Oh! I've also been HUNGRY the last few days. Do I need to up my calories? I have it set for losing 2 lbs a week.

Replies

• LaurenBraddy
    LaurenBraddy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what program/goals you have set, but by peeking at your diary it looks like you have your carbs set higher than many doing the lchf diet. I know that, for me, the higher carbs, the hungrier I am and the more fatigued I feel. You could make a few easy changes to cut your carbs even lower, i.e., you could substitute your coffee mate coffee creamer for heavy whipping cream, and ditch the muffin for another egg or a piece of breakfast meat. Good luck!
  • rhondalankford692
    Options
    LaurenBraddy - I'm not sure how I have the thing set. I just went by percentage. I think it's at 70% for fat. I didn't even think about the creamer. I'll ditch that and the syrup in the muffin but all that'sIin the muffin is fax seeds and an egg. I think I need to ditch the peanut butter too. Thanks for your input.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The loss of water weight at the beginning feels great - but that doesn't last long. Weight will fluctuate, you're only 4 weeks in - keep it up and your body will catch up. There's a wide range of carb goals that folks use, and your carb level seems OK to me. However, I second the muffin/creamer advice. I'd say if you're hungry - eat more LCHF food. You hunger may in fact be craving for carbs, which also gets better with time. Keep it up - You're doing great!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to the group! It's wonderful that you are here!

I looked at yesterday's food diary. My recommendations will echo what Lauren said above. Definitely ditch the fake food (coffeemate). Replace with hwc as suggested. The main thing that's a red flag for me is the sugar free coffee syrup. I eliminated this for four months, then added it back to my diet and proceeded to gain 22 pounds in two weeks!! That was my only dietary change during that time. I have since learned that artificial sweeteners can create a state of inflammation in the body, thereby showing gains on the scale. For some they can induce food cravings too, but that wasn't my experience. Just yesterday I finally broke through the lowest weight I had achieved before then (that was June 1st!).

You must increase your sodium intake too. The need for it can be seen with weakness, and fatigue (like the flu). It is expected with this woe. Eat pickles, drink the juice (if you can stand it). I have been using salt tablets for the past couple of weeks because I don't always feel like eating something. Seems counterproductive, but it's not with this woe, I promise. It will help you feel better!

I think your carb goal is awesome. Anything below 150 a day is considered low carb, and many are successful at this level. Many more will realize the decreased hunger that comes from going lower. You have to find the level that works for you, where you feel the best, and eliminate food cravings.

Hugs to you! You are here!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Weight will fluctuate all the time. It's totally normal. Besides TOM it could be from exercise or extra carbs or any other possible hormone in the body or be cause you crossed the street against the light or because an orange cat crossed in front of you. Lol
    Seriously, give it some time, it will most likely remedy itself. How much do you have to lose? The closer you get to goal the crazier it will seem to fluctuate.
    Here's my trend this month. It's nuts! But it's normal.
    h3jmucd67esz.jpeg
    And I'm up 3 lbs from that low weight this morning for no reason I could possibly decipher.
  • rhondalankford692
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice. I'll definitely be cleaning my food choices up.

Sunnybunny - You are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weight will fluctuate all the time. It's totally normal. Besides TOM it could be from exercise or extra carbs or any other possible hormone in the body or be cause you crossed the street against the light or because an orange cat crossed in front of you. Lol
    Seriously, give it some time, it will most likely remedy itself. How much do you have to lose? The closer you get to goal the crazier it will seem to fluctuate.
    h3jmucd67esz.jpeg
    And I'm up 3 lbs from that low weight this morning for no reason I could possibly decipher.

What is that app / chart you use please?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    h3jmucd67esz.jpeg

It's the iPhone Health App
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    h3jmucd67esz.jpeg

Hi, sorry there are too many to choose from, have you got a photo of the app?

Many thanks
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    edited November 2015
    Options
    h3jmucd67esz.jpeg

Hi, sorry there are too many to choose from, have you got a photo of the app?

Many thanks

It comes pre-installed on iPhones. I think it has to be iPhone 6 or newer.. Not actually sure about that. It's not available as a download. It's just a feature of the phone itself.
    But there is another weight app I use that makes a graph too. Here's a screen capture of the graph.
    5atuebi17bys.png

Try searching for quicklog.me in the App Store to find this one.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I use Happy Scale and Syncs Solver on my iPod Touch - it integrate MFP and Fitbit with Apple Health.

I also use Hackers Diet Online for my desktop only to get an average weight graph

https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html