Favorite "TREATS"

Options
SnicciFit
SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
I think paleo treats and paleofied junk foods can be a slippery slope, but I also think they are fun and help keep us sane (if we don't go crazy with them and remember that they ARE still treats)! What are some of your favorites? Right now I'm hooked on PaleOMG's Sweet Potato Brownies (so easy to make and tasty!) and I just used my ice cream maker for the first time and made Butter Pecan Ice Cream from Cavegirl Cuisine. Recipes below.

http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-brownies/

http://cavegirlcuisine.net/2012/09/14/butter-pecan-ice-cream/

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    primal fudge.

1/2 cup honey (i use local)
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
    1/2 cup natural peanut butter
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

melt it all up, let it cool some, pour into 10 lined cupcake tins. freeze. makes deliciousness.

then i put more PB on top! it's a better tasting reeses
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    primal fudge.

1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

melt it all up, let it cool some, pour into 10 lined cupcake tins. freeze. makes deliciousness.

I bet this would be good with other nut butters too! Almond butter, cashew butter, maybe even coconut butter!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate with some decaf coffee at night
    pork rinds
    bacon
  • brenbrenm
    brenbrenm Posts: 81
    Options
    pork rinds
    bacon

I've seen pork rinds on here quite a bit. Do you mean the regular old pork rinds you find in any grocery store?
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    pork rinds
    bacon

I've seen pork rinds on here quite a bit. Do you mean the regular old pork rinds you find in any grocery store?

Pork rinds typically have only two ingredients on the label; fried pork skins and salt. They are deliciously paleo. Like almond butter, I can't keep 'em in the house or I will smoke the whole container in one sitting.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I made the recipe for this last night (haven't run it through the ice cream maker yet) and the caramel was INCREDIBLE! Of course, I HAD to lick the spoon ;)

http://cavegirlcuisine.net/2013/04/29/salted-caramel-ice-cream/

I'm really excited to try this ice cream.
  • Septlondon
    Septlondon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    crispy fried bacon with a drizzle of maple syrup
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    primal fudge.

1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

I made this the other night, except used almond butter and added more coca powder. It was amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!! :D
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just made butter pecan ice cream and caramel this past weekend!! :) For my ice cream base, I used the vanilla bean recipe from the Gather cookbook because I wanted to use all egg yolks since they make it extra creamy. Then I followed this recipe for the pecans (just sautéed in butter), and the second one for the caramel.

http://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/desserts/paleo-butter-pecan-caramel-ice-cream-1650/

http://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/desserts/paleo-caramel-sauce-1599/

SO AMAZING. :)

Other treats I like are just a square of 88% dark chocolate. Or I've made PaleOMG's giant vanilla bean chocolate chip cookies and they were AMAZING and so filling!! I had one for breakfast one day. Haha!
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    primal fudge.

1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

I make a similar recipe with almond butter and about half or a quarter that amount of raw honey. Last batch I made I used an ice cube tray and got 13 pieces.

I'm also a fan of paleOMG apple cinnamon muffins.
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a great shake that I use sometimes as a meal post workout, but it is also very addictive, so I guess for me that's my treat.

1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup crushed ice
    3 oz water
    1/2 cup coconut milk

On really intense workout days, I'm a bit naughty and I add in a scoop of protein powder which makes it even more amazing!