Exercise - - 16/15
    Streak: 3days
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    11/22/15 - green - yes 21/25
    Streak - 10 2/2 completed (GOAL!)
    Exercise - no - 10/15

I think I am coming down with a cold. I spent the day in bed yesterday. Then I got to work today and found out that J. quit on Friday afternoon and I will definitely be on OT until the end of the year.
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    11/23
    Is it bad that I'm typing this while eating these fabulous little double chocolate snowball cookies I made? I'm leaving powdered sugar prints all over my keyboard at work... hehe. I'm hoping one of the kids eats the rest up before I get home.

@Laughter_Girl - how much snow did you get? I'm in PA and it's snowed some places. I've seen a few flakes (the precipitation variety) already. That's crazy! As far as winter running, I know what you mean by those things you strap on your shoes... I can't recall the name, but they are helpful when it's slippery. I've had them for walking. I think you need to make sure you've got shoes that are a little more water resistant (like stuff made for trails I imagine) to keep yourself dry. Check out the runners world website, and their forum. There's probably a lot of posts w/other suggestions for winter running.

@jenthibert my foot still hurts, darn it! I'm finally breaking down and going to see someone about it. Probably should have before but I didn't want to hear "don't do the race." But now I feel like I've rested, iced, medicated and it's still there. I don't want to end up worse off, or using it as an excuse to say eat more of those snowball cookies!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl - Yaktrax! Those are the shoe things!!
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Green today? No 21/25
    Streak: 0 day
    Exercise today? No 15/25

Rest day except for Merry Core-mas exercises. Not sure if I'm over in calories or not so I'll say red.

@bbinoa and @Laughter_Girl, I think I have some yak Trax tucked away. They were a gift from my brother in law who is a supervisor for ups. Their drivers use them so they come highly recommended. I wonder how they are to run in. I'm going to have to dig them out. Snowed here today!

@bbinoa, definitely time to get the foot checked. Seems like you've given it time enough to heal. I'd have done exactly what you did. Didn't want anyone telling me what I couldn't do after all that training.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    11/23/15 - green, Chevy style 22/25
    Exercise - no 10/15
    I still don't feel 100%, but I do feel.better than yesterday
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 24, 2015
    Green today? Yes 22/25
    Streak: 1 day
    Exercise today? No 15/25

Unplanned rest day except for Merry Core-mas exercises. Not feeling great tonight. Fighting something so heading to bed early to try to ward it off!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    11-23 & 11-24
    Green: Yes & Yes
    Goal: 21/25
    Exercise: No & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 17/24

Well, I'm not going to make my exercise goal. Dang it! I'll be one day short if I don't miss another day. If I hadn't been so lazy yesterday I could have done it. I wish I could be like those that actually count the calories from cleaning because that's what I did, but I never feel as though it's an "official" workout. Oh well, maybe next month.

@jenthibert & @bbinoa I hope both of you are feeling 100% soon!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl, I won't hit my exercise goal either. If I counted my days that I only do the Merry Core-mas exercises maybe, but that's 10 minutes or less and it doesn't get my heart rate up. I'm with ya!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 25, 2015
    Green today? Yes 24/25
    Streak: 2 day
    Exercise today? No 15/25

No exercise except for Merry Core-mas exercises. Feeling better tonight but it was a rough day. Plus side is a lack of appetite so I haven't really missed my exercise calories.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    11-25
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 22/25
    Exercise: No
    Exercise Goal: 17/24

I was busy again with shopping, cooking, and cleaning. So, another day of no exercise. I'll be sure to get a nice burn tomorrow.

@jenthibert I would TOTALLY count those 10 minute Merry Core-mas exercises. :) Some days, I only do 10 minutes or so anyway, but a workout is a workout in my book. If I have to change my clothes and shoes to do it, than I count it every time. Ha! Also, I hope you get your appetite back for tomorrow if you're celebrating Thanksgiving.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    11/25 - green 24/25
    Streak: 13 (2 of 2 complete)
    Exercise: yes - 11/15

@Laughter_Girl I did count half of my cleaning time because it was the move stuff to make room kind of cleaning...I don't count laundry and dishes and those kinds of thingsas those are daily activity for me.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 26, 2015
    Green today? Yes 26/25
    Streak: 3 days
    Exercise today? Yes 16/25

Celebrating our Thanksgiving on Sunday so I'm green today.

40 minutes on the treadmill and Merry Core-mas.

@Laughter_Girl, I've done the Merry Core-mas exercises in my dress clothes before. If I changed or even sweated a little, I'd count the time, lol..
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    11/26: red as Rudolph's nose 24/25
    Streak 0 2.2 complete
    Exercise no 11/15, I will have to exercise extra everyday I have left to make it.
    I hope everyone bad a Happy Thanksgving. There was something peaceful about not racing to get to Memaw's house by noon to wait for my in-laws to be an hour late. I cooked in my PJ's.LOL!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 27, 2015
    Green today? Yes 27/25
    Streak: 4 day
    Exercise today? No 16/25

Merry Core-mas exercises only. This cold needs to go away. Hoping to get my long run in tomorrow but we'll see.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    11-26 & 11-27
    Green: Hecks No & Yes
    Goal: 23/25
    Exercise: Yes & Yes
    Exercise Goal: 18/24

Yesterday, I did a circuit training workout (planned to run but it was raining), and today I did a walking video (still raining). Since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I had no intentions on it being a "green" day. Today, however, it was green. My stomach was still partly full from yesterday's meals.

@jenthibert Doing your Merry Core-mas in your dress clothes is hilarious to me. Ha, ha, ha, ha. I guess I wouldn't count that either. :D Even though you're celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday, I hope you were able to relax a little yesterday.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Glad you had a peaceful Thanksgiving. It can often be a challenge adjusting to a change like losing Memaw and starting a new tradition, but it sounds like you adjusted well. Hope you have a wonderful day! Also, if I was moving some stuff while cleaning, I might would count. I would have to put on my HRM though to ensure I'm burning enough calories to count it. I may have to try that one day just to see how many calories I actually do burn while cleaning. Once I do that experiment, I'll share my findings. :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    11/27 - green 25/25 Goooooaaal!!!
  • jenthibert
    Options
    November 28, 2015
    Green today? Yes 27/25
    Streak: 5 day
    Exercise today? Yes 17/25

60 minutes on the treadmill today since the cold air hurts my chest still.

Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving celebration. Hoping to get outside for a run first.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    11/28
    I logged and it was green! Woohoo! Haha! Hope you all had a great thanksgiving :) so much going on with everyone, dressed up merry coremas exercises (love that). Sounds like everyone had a great holiday (or will, if you're celebrating tomorrow! )

I've eaten like it's going out of style, and not just Thanksgiving either. My well meaning hubby brought home ice cream which is my kryptonite. Plus there were a few "lets grab a quick meal while we're out" fast food stops. I feel like a very stuffed sloth. So, it looks like I need to do some tracking and get back on track! I'm still trying to work around whatever is going on w my foot too (appt 12/7 to get it checked. ) I'll be figuring out my December goals and back! Maybe a pre new years resolution?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    11-28
    Green: Yes - Chevy
    Goal: 24/25
    Exercise: No
    Exercise Goal: 18/24

I just didn't get around to exercising today. Because the sun is setting earlier now, it's really interfering with my Saturday walks. I hope to get back on track fully tomorrow. I've been an eating sista, but it's time to stop.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Congrats on reaching your goal!! I have two more days to try and reach mine. I'm aiming for tomorrow.
    @jenthibert Great treadmill burn today. Enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow!
    @bbinoa Congrats on being green!!! I hope that ice cream was delicious. I actually wish I had some right now. :D