Back to it

Options
I regained a significant amount of weight since I fell off the wagon near the end of May. Three attempts at getting back to it failed.

I am now 64hrs into a fast (literally only liquids since 12am Monday) which I am going to break in an hour with a half pound hamburger with cheese and mayo.

I feel as if I am definitely ready to be back on track, my two days of fasting let me drop about 7lbs of bloat and my hamburger sounds delicious!

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, you just need to whack yourself in the head with a hammer. For me, a 24hr+ fast is a decent hammer. Good luck!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's some great info there! Unfortunately, due to not having a gallbladder, extended fasts are not a fun bathroom endeavor for me, but I'm jealous of those of you who can do them. Sounded like that burst of Keto Clarity was exactly what you needed. Congrats!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    That's some great info there! Unfortunately, due to not having a gallbladder, extended fasts are not a fun bathroom endeavor for me, but I'm jealous of those of you who can do them. Sounded like that burst of Keto Clarity was exactly what you needed. Congrats!

I don't have a gallbladder either, and fasts don't seem to give me too much trouble.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

I don't have a gallbladder either, and fasts don't seem to give me too much trouble.

It isn't the fats that trouble me at all. I basically have a slow bile trickle 24/7. If I go too long without eating, the bile comes out the "solid waste" system and I end up with a blistered backside. Sorry if TMI, but was trying not to be...graphic?

I can usually hit 8-10 hours of wakeful fasting or 12 hours if I was sleeping a bit of it, and I've not done a fat fast - just a water fast, so I don't know. I LOVE the keto clarity stuff I get when you hit the different stages of ketones released, but my booty just can't handle the trauma!

Add to that the recent development of these migraines, and sometimes it's just more than I can handle, as a strategic nibble often knocks the edge off far more than medication.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options

It isn't the fats that trouble me at all. I basically have a slow bile trickle 24/7. If I go too long without eating, the bile comes out the "solid waste" system and I end up with a blistered backside. Sorry if TMI, but was trying not to be...graphic?

I can usually hit 8-10 hours of wakeful fasting or 12 hours if I was sleeping a bit of it, and I've not done a fat fast - just a water fast, so I don't know. I LOVE the keto clarity stuff I get when you hit the different stages of ketones released, but my booty just can't handle the trauma!

Add to that the recent development of these migraines, and sometimes it's just more than I can handle, as a strategic nibble often knocks the edge off far more than medication.

Fasts, not fats :)

I routinely fast from about 7pm to 11am or so and experienced no real problems on my extended fast, though my bowel movements were definitely very loose, they didn't harm my poor backside any.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Wow, total brain melt there, eh? If I include overnight, I can generally push, but I found that I did better eating breakfast, then fasting through till dinner... So I was getting in two mini-fasts... That kind of staggered to a stop when I developed ocular migraines. Getting back in the full swing of things, so will report back of any progress...