Back to it

Options
I regained a significant amount of weight since I fell off the wagon near the end of May. Three attempts at getting back to it failed.

I am now 64hrs into a fast (literally only liquids since 12am Monday) which I am going to break in an hour with a half pound hamburger with cheese and mayo.

I feel as if I am definitely ready to be back on track, my two days of fasting let me drop about 7lbs of bloat and my hamburger sounds delicious!

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! A fast is great way to reboot.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    And the burger was freaking delicious
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Good for you! We all fall but we also get back up. Best of luck to you
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, hon.
    Jealous about that burger!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you made a great start!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Great to see you! Wonderful start!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :) Awesome.
    Getting back to it is tough. It's a shame that falling off the wagon isn't the hard part. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    One nice thing about getting back on the wagon is that I know about the keto flu, and I ain't got it. Plenty of sodium, potassium and magnesium as well as plenty of water!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    One nice thing about getting back on the wagon is that I know about the keto flu, and I ain't got it. Plenty of sodium, potassium and magnesium as well as plenty of water!

Good point!! I apparently slipped out of ketosis in late October and getting back on track was a bunch easier this time around.

Glad it's going so well. :)
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I regained a significant amount of weight since I fell off the wagon near the end of May. Three attempts at getting back to it failed.

I am now 64hrs into a fast (literally only liquids since 12am Monday) which I am going to break in an hour with a half pound hamburger with cheese and mayo.

I feel as if I am definitely ready to be back on track, my two days of fasting let me drop about 7lbs of bloat and my hamburger sounds delicious!

What do you drink when you fast? I might need to do this because I have been on and off the last couple months after gaining all my weight back last year. I have been trying to do low carb the last month or so but I have slipped up too many times I am not really losing but just maintaining.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »

What do you drink when you fast? I might need to do this because I have been on and off the last couple months after gaining all my weight back last year. I have been trying to do low carb the last month or so but I have slipped up too many times I am not really losing but just maintaining.

I drank lots of water, black coffee, hot tea, one diet soda (I was on a 12hr shift at the hospital) and some chicken bouillon cubes in hot water. Lots of sodium and delicious, practically zero cal. I also drank some hot water with salt in in, for electrolytes. If I did that I skipped the bouillon.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Soooooo true! I had been reading about Keto for a couple of months before I started so I was prepared for that and was able to avoid all the symptoms. It's like a mission to help newbies know how much it's needed and how much better you can feel.