MCT V's Coconut oil?

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
Hi you wonderful people :flowerforyou:

I was hoping I could hear some real life testimonials from folks who have used mct and coconut oil and if there is a difference between the two. Google throws up mixed results...

Is one better than the other? Do you have more "energy" with mct over coconut oil?

Replies

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    i use both, together. that being said, when I do long distance cycling, I take along MCT oil, out of convenience and it makes me last a whole day. I take a spoonful every now and then and I make it through the day in good shape. Those are 100km plus distances. But since I've never tried this with coconut oil I can't compare.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use both. If I am cooking and don't want any coconut flavor, I use MCT oil which has no flavor at all. Also, if it's towards the end of the day and I need to get more fat in, it's easier for me to take a tablespoon of MCT oil vs coconut oil. I also rotate between the two in my Bullet Proof Coffee.

I like this site for a explanation in differences between the two.

http://coconutoil.com/mct-oil-vs-coconut-oil-the-truth-exposed/

As far as extra energy, I can't really tell a difference. To me, it's more about the taste.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Thanks guys :smile:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I use Coconut oil to cook with and MCT oil in beverages or as a teaspoon to kick away a craving and provide some energy in a before or after lunch slump.
    I did read somewhere that MCT oil breaks down when cooking in high heat. However, I don't recall where I saw that at the moment.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I think I might use MCT oil in my cuppas and coconut oil in my smoothies. Get the best of both worlds.
    I substituted CO for MCT in my bpc this morning and can't say I've noticed any difference.. Not quite sure what I was expecting though lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I tried MCT but it just weirded me out for some reason. I am fine with a ton of coconut oil however. I love coconut period may be the reason I was turned of by MCT oil.