End of Summer/ Fall Babies - Getting back in Shape!

Options
124»

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @poke987 it will take the skin a while to catch up. I'm sure some exercise and strength training will help lots! Way to go on your weightloss! :)

I've been discouraged because I've been fighting the same 3 lbs since 3 weeks pp. Little one is 4 1/2 months now. Thankfully,I have a weight tracking app (Libra)which shows how I lost weight post baby number one. Same thing happened and it wasn't until 6 months pp when baby started on solids that the weight started to shed. So I'm hopeful that that will be the case again and I'll only be stuck at this weight for another 1 1/2 months? For now I'm focusing on eating healthy foods for a healthy inside and on exercising. I'm taking a Zumba class every Saturday am and I went to a PIYO class on Wednesday evening. I'm so sore! Lol next week the weather is supposed to break so hopefully it will be good walking weather from here on out.

Soon I have to go for bloodwork to see if the GD is gone. Hoping for good results on my a1c and for good fasting blood sugar levels. I've been testing my blood sugars at home and the fasting ones haven't been great... which can mean prediabetes. My doctor is telling me that the best way to prevent full blown diabetes is through exercise so that's helped me bump it up on my priority list.

other than that, I'm awake every 2 hours in the night with baby. :( this will pass I know, but I'm so ready for him to get rid of his cold and sleep a decent amount of time!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    other than that, I'm awake every 2 hours in the night with baby. :( this will pass I know, but I'm so ready for him to get rid of his cold and sleep a decent amount of time!

My almost 7 month old is still up every two to three hours! One day I'll be able to sleep.

I've been very successful in this weight loss endeavour. I started in October and I'm down 37lbs with 33 left to go. I have more muscles than I've ever had. I've been taking group fitness classes that include weight lifting three to five times a week. I've gone from a size 16 or XXL to a size 12 or large. I fit into my prepregnancy jeans and they are even a little big now. I keep getting surprised by my size. I've gotten a few items of clothing that in the store I thought they might be a bit snug but when I tried them on at home the fit perfectly. Daxx is such a happy baby. Always smiling and laughing. Makes it easier that he doesn't sleep.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @ragenhay1 Woo! That's amazing progress. Keep it up!

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Sorry to hear he has a cold. =( I'm super worried about my son's first sickness because I'm not sure how I'll handle it. We're flying second week of April and I'm convinced the poor guy is going to get sick on the plane (because if I always feel like total junk after flying, I can't imagine what he's going to feel like!)

My weight shifted a little, and I'm sitting around 227 or something, which is a relief. I seem to be averaging about 5 pounds a month, which is way slower than when I first was losing weight in this range but I need to remember that my post-baby body may function differently now. =P My pre-pregnancy jeans fit fine now, so just need to truck along with that.

His 4 month checkup is on the 8th, which means more vaccines. He took the first round like a champ (just slept a lot), but he's more aware of stuff now so I'm a little worried he's going to be fussy. Must prepare the coffee just in case he has a rough night, I guess!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hello all, sorry not been on for a while. I've annoyed myself by losing and gaining the same few pounds over the last few months. I'm hoping that it's on the way down and will stay down! I want to be slim for summer.

Anna is 6 months now and doing great. She is loving her food and can't stay still with rolling about.

I have confirmed I will have a year off work and will go back 3 days but one day I will finish at 3pm instead of 5pm to do the school run. So I'm happy with that.

Hope your all well and doing better than me! Lol

Helen

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm still doing well with my loss. I'm within 5 lbs of my goal (1 lb under prepregnancy ) and hopefully going to hit it before my goal date (April 16th, the day we leave for a 4 day weekend with my best friend) I'm in all my regular clothes, finally! Wilson is 6 months and crawls already! I don't get to sit long! I'm getting cardio in every day, hit my step goals consistently and getting motivation to get back to the gym for some strength training now that he can go into the childcare room there. Feeling like I'm still flabby, but everyone comments I look good... hard for my mind to wrap around, I've been heavy all my life and hadn't been at goal very long before I got pregnant... so the body image part is tough for me! Hope all are well, enjoying the start of spring with happy healthy babies!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Well done Poke. Fab work. Your so motivated and with house full of kids and jobs.
    Wow - Wilson crawling. Anna is nearly sitting on her own and rolling but a bit off crawling.

I've logged today and within my calories. My Fitbit not recorded many steps but I have walked school run and to town and the dogs so it must be playing up!

I will be on here more now to keep motivated as summer on the way!

Helen
  • poke987
    Options
    Yes. Little man has a lot to keep up with, he doesn't stop! Crawling and pulling up already. I've got my hands full! My other sons were on this track too, first walked at 9 months. I suspect he will as well!

Had a bump in my road with the easter holiday weekend. Had a meal out with my husband, then the holiday itself and on monday I had a gain. Knew it couldn't be as bad as it looked, and I checked in today to find its all gone. Back on track! According to the scale this am I have 3 lbs to go! Woot!! Not sure what my final plan is yet, hitting 1 lb under the weight I was when we got pregnant is as far as I've gotten. May got for a bit more, we shall see.

Been sticking to my run or walk every day goal, missed 2 days this month with sick kids, but otherwise on track with that. Getting outside more too with spring weather coming in.

Have a family brunch for my grandma's birthday (85!) Sunday, hopeful I see a loss on monday... but I know I might not!

Hope you are all doing well!
  • poke987
    Options
    Baby Wilson is 7 months old today... and this morning I was at goal! Yesterday was my official weekly weigh in, and I was 0.2 away... stepped on the scale this am, just for the heck of it, and sure enough... yipeee! Later when I realized it was the 12th, and exactly 7 months after he was born I had to smile!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @poke987 - that's fantastic! Great job!

I had a huge setback because of a cross country road trip/family emergency that we abruptly had to take WITH the little one, which was stressful enough (even though he did really well!). Was away from home for 3 weeks, including travel time and have been home for about 2 weeks or so now. I finally have undone what was gained from the 3 weeks of eating on the road, and stress eating around my drama-filled family. I'm still around 227ish, so I'm back on track. About 16 pounds left of what was gained during pregnancy of the 45 I gained.

Owen is 5 months (+1 week) currently and doing really well. He's a super chunk and has to be in the 18-19 pound range now. But we're both trucking along well! Hope everyone is having a nice time with their little ones and their fitness goals!