I'm new!!! We're do I start???? HELP!

Options
so I'm trying to lose weight and id love to get some ideas about clean eating! I don't even no were to start? What can and can't I eat???

Replies

• EddieV2
    EddieV2 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't Eat: Processed foods (think food in cans, boxes; anything that had to be created in a factory), drinks with sugar that are insatiable and screw with your hormone, insulin.

Watch your carbs. Most people way too much because of how easily accessible it is. For instance, crackers, soda, a bowl of rice with the tiniest piece of protein thrown in there is not optimal. Load your plate with nutritious foods such as vegetables sauteed in garlic, a few grams of butter, coconut oil, or extra virgin olive oil, a ground beef curry full of iron, zinc (both of which so many are deficient in and are vital to cellular and hormone health), anti-inflammatory spices with some diced potatoes.

Snack with vegetables and not anything that can be stored in a cabinet.

Eat plenty of vegetables, healthy fats, fruit, and protein.

Our bodies are a makeup of fats and protein. For instance, our brain is made-up of about 67% fat and 30% protein (although this varies).

Healthy fat sources include Salmon (try wild if you can) with it's Omega-3 DHA content - which is necessary for optimal brain and retina health (ALA does nothing for you since the conversion rate is so low), avocados, grass-fed beef (organic is second best), coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil.

Lastly, anything else depends on your goals and what you're trying to achieve (health, fighting ailments, etc), but basically just form your meals around vegetables and meat and stay away from crackers, soda, McDonald's, etc.