newbie confusion

Options
umekanzah
umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
First of all let me say that i have not read the book yet but i am going by the info avaliable on these forums. I am trying to calculate my daily calorie goal for weight loss using various calculators online (scooby's, fat2fit, the spreadsheet by heybales on these forums, new rules of lifting for women formula) and i am getting different nos from everyone. If i follow the spreadsheet by heybales i get the lowest no of calories to eat which i find it hard to keep up with (1755). the rest of them give me between 1900 to 2100 calories to eat daily depending on the deficit. I workout 5 times a week as of now, mostly an hour each day, 30 mins if i am too tired. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism dvds, alternating between the two with 2 rest days each week. This will change with Ramadan coming on the 9th and i wont be able to workout the whole month.

Anyhow, i find it hard to survive with 1756 calories a day. 1900 are more like it but i don't want to stall my weight loss either. The 8 lb loss that my ticker shows is before i started counting my calories so i am not sure what helped me achieve that. I went on vacation and came back with a loss.

Please help me figure out which no i should be going with, that can help me achieve results. If i need to eat at 1756, i will but grudgingly.

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    There is no point being deprived doing this as you shouldn't feel that way. Without knowing your stats I cant really comment to much but I will say that there is no way I could eat what NROLFW gave me without turning into a grumpy starving nightmare.

I personally experiment to see what works, so my advice would be ditch 1755 as you know you dont like it and go for middle ground for a bit..2000 cals and see how things are.

My tdee is different from scooby & fat2fit as it takes into exercise but my day to day stuff (NEAT) puts me way over my exercise only level if that makes sense.

I just saw that you are friends with Evelyn (noor13) she would be the best person to ask, lives, loves and breathes this way...total inspiration.