Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's your plan for maintenance?

13»

Replies

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    I'm approaching that. I was here 2 years ago, when I thought, Oh, I can add carbs back to the diet. Bad idea! So now I keep macros intact, but add some more calories.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    It feels crazy for me to be even thinking about it being a possibility. But now, I know it will happen. I'm so excited to know this! I may add in some things like fruit, or beans, but it won't be a regular thing. 14 pounds to go!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    lodro wrote: »
    I'm approaching that. I was here 2 years ago, when I thought, Oh, I can add carbs back to the diet. Bad idea! So now I keep macros intact, but add some more calories.

I did the same about 5 years ago. I was following the clean eating diet which, in hind sight, was low carb. I still remember adding back that first muffin. Ugh. It was the beginning of the end! I slowly gained it all back plus a few.

No more muffins for me.

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited November 2015
    Staying the same weight is a completely strange concept. I've spent the last 20 years counting calories or eating with abandon, it's going to be tough to find that happy medium. I hope I can manage it without being obsessive for the rest of my life. But even then when I say "for the rest of my life" it seems overwhelming. I suspect what will end up happening is that I will gain some weight, and then go back to restricted calories to lose it again. I only hope I can keep the variation to a minimum ... say a 5kg weight swing instead of a 20kg one.