An Attitude of Gratitude- For those that understand the past...

Options
KickboxDiva
KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
It's that time of year again. The time that makes all dieters knees quake in fear of losing control, setbacks and such. But this year will be different. Why? Because I say so, because I choose to be different. This year I am so grateful that I'm on a path of health. I'm grateful that I am in control. I know that I live in a state of abundance. So there is no need to live in the now and feel the need to consume excess foods and alcohol simply because it's what we have always done or that I'm on some diet reprieve. I'm so grateful for my healthy body and my healed mind. I love the way that good health feels. Hangovers, indigestion, bloating, and fatigue don't represent the lifestyle I want. I can find satisfaction in the joy of the first few bites and not in the gluttony of the last. I will express gratitude for body and spirit by enjoying friends and family, creating non food related traditions that leave me with experiences rather than regret. Plays, dancing lessons, walks with falling leaves, a jog on an off day. These are the great joys of life and I won't take it for granted. Happiness is a choice. Gratitude is a choice. Health is a choice. I make the life I want and so do you. Happy Holidays to you all!

Replies

• runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, inspiring post. And so true.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Here, Here!

I raise a glass of measured out eggnog to you. Clink.

But why oh why do they start selling it even earlier.
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cheers!

Yeah...why sell it in October?? I have one the night before Thanksgiving (with Kahlua) and then on Christmas I have 1. That's it!

The holidays are holiDAYS not holiWEEKS. Enjoy the day. Dump the leftovers or send them home with others. 1 day in November and 1 day in December isn't going to kill any of us.

And focusing on events is the perfect strategy!!!