Introductions!

Options
Hi ladies! Can you please introduce yourself and tell us what your goal is over these 30 days? I'm excited to work out in this community!

Replies

• LindsayGGray
    LindsayGGray Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is Lindsay Gray, and I have an 8 month old and I'm squishy and trying to get back in shape! Over these 30 days, I'd love to be able to celebrate the days that I work out and gain encouragement on the days I don't! I'd also love to get ideas for great workouts! It's motivating for me to have a community like this! I tend to really like Insanity-type workouts, where I'm totally spent at the end and it feels so good!
  • AndiekinsS
    AndiekinsS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Andrea Shuford and I have a 9 month old. I've always been on the heavier side but now I want to do more to get back to being healthy. My goal is to work on eating better and reintroducing activity into my daily routine. I'm hoping the community support will help me do that over the next 30 days.
  • andreacomfortmartinez
    Options
    This is so awesome! I have been wanting to do My Fitness Pal for awhile and you guys have motivated me. I don't even know what should be my goals right now. I just want to learn. I used to be a ZUMBA instructor before my (now 3 year old) son came along. Now I also have a 7 month old daughter and am lucky to work out 2x per week. My name is Andrea Martinez, by the way, and I'm from Kansas City, MO. I'm really excited to learn more about the nutritional value of the food I'm already eating and how to control portion size.
  • AmyMaldonado1
    AmyMaldonado1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am Amy Maldonado, and I have an 11 year old and a 13 year old. I really struggle with self-care and with food soothing (carbs and sweets).

I am 45, and I feel some urgency because I make up that my window for self-abuse without serious health consequences is closing fast. However, there is a great doctor (and former J-1 waiver client of mine) in Houston who talks about the body as a living system as opposed to a mechanical one (he is a cardiologist who does not believe in stents but focuses heavily on diet and lifestyle). In other words, you don't fix the parts that break as they break down, you focus on the health of the whole ecosystem. He has reversed heart disease in his patients! In other words, it is never too late.

I want to use this group to kick start my intent to exercise regularly, eat better, sleep well (good luck with that, with all the work stress), and focus on health and wellness. I would also like to get to a healthy weight to help with my energy levels, and try to work in time to meditate and breathe. I LOVE Zumba (all the fun of salsa and merengue nightclubbing without cigarette smoke, alcohol and handsy men).
  • LindsayGGray
    Options
    These are great introductions! I'm excited to get this group started!
  • melodyrae67
    melodyrae67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Melody Poole, yo-yo-er. I find when I keep an honest log of food and exercise, it basically forces better habits. I go in and out of keeping track and and doing well or listing all of my overcommitments as reasons I don't have time to exercise, etc. We also cycle in and out of eating out a lot or cooking better at home and using our overpriced gym membership or not. I'm excited for the positive accountability of this group!
  • AnnBlock3
    AnnBlock3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ann Block, mega yo-yo-er! I've not used gym memberships, lost and gained weight in stressful situations, and lost a lot of weight using a high protein diet, and then eventually gained it all back! Paying attention to what I eat, portion size and drinking LOTS of water has helped a lot in the past. And having supportive groups to turn to! Thanks for doing this, Lindsay!
  • LindsayGGray
    Options
    Yay! Welcome Ann!
  • anamvillegas
    anamvillegas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just joined today... I'm Ana Villegas.... my goal for the next 30 days is to eat healthier, specifically gluten-free, and to try to do some light exercise.... we'll see how that goes :)
  • LindsayGGray
    Options
    Welcome Ana! How did today go?
  • AmigaAlly
    AmigaAlly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi it's Ally! I have an 11 month old and I have gone on and off being active since he was born. I needed some motivation because I have been feeling lazy! I am a vegetarian and sugar free but am still a bit "llenita." I want to be a hot mamacita for myself, my man, and my career!
    Thanks for doing this Lindsay! And thanks amigas for the encouragement! Let's do this!!!
  • Cpopp79
    Cpopp79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Christie. I'm 36 with a 4.5 year old and a 22 month old. I gained 56 and 54 pounds with each of them respectively. After the first, I lost all of the weight without a problem. With the second, I got within 10 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight, then last spring, inexplicably, I started gaining. I didn't recognize what was going on until I hit 20 lbs above my goal weight. So now I weigh more than I did when I was 9 months post-partum. Two months ago, I started working out regularly at the local Y. It requires waking at 4:50 AM, but I've been doing it! We are thinking of having a third, but I refuse to until I get back to my normal size. So that's my goal!
  • lawmommy36
    lawmommy36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Norma. Solo practice in south Texas. I have 2 boys, 12&3. I'm a stress eater. When business is "good," I tend to gain weight. So right now I'm heavier than I'd like. Clothes are snug and I don't wanna give in and buy new clothes! So I'm here! Hoping to stay motivated knowing I'm not alone in the struggle between family, work and personal health.
  • sisterbeka
    sisterbeka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I had a tough first week but I'm here. I'm Rebecca Kitson, 42 years old with a 3 year old and a 16 month old. Over the past year I've discovered running but I've only been able to get out a couple of days a week. The last couple of months I've only been out a few times and my motivation has been lagging. So! My goal is to find a way to do something active 4x a week and clean up my eating. So glad you guys are here!