Confessions of a Fat Fu$k!

Options
daylitemag
daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
So, I've been very good since starting on my new WOE back on Oct 13. Today, was a complete train wreck. I went to a football game and got rather drunk. Still not exactly "sober". Anyway, I'm sure I've eaten at least 3000 calories including some beer. My Carb count is threw the roof and I feel like *kitten*. Sorry, to unload here, but this is the only place I can confess my sins. No one needs to reply to this thread, but I know you've all been here and can relate. I can't wait until tomorrow when I can get back on track. I hate myself right now - not for the first time...not even close. I hope you all are having a better day than I am (couldn't be worse, unless you are a professional hot dog eater).

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    One day isn't the end of the world. Even if every calorie over maintenance went right to fat, you'll have set yourself back way less than a pound. Just get right back on the horse tomorrow. You can do this.
  • daylitemag
    Options
    thanks those are wise words @FIT_Goat

I know this will be just a blip

blib
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    One day isn't the end of the world. Even if every calorie over maintenance went right to fat, you'll have set yourself back way less than a pound. Just get right back on the horse tomorrow. You can do this.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    we can't be 100% perfect, 100% of the time.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »

Truth

We've all done this. We're human. And those carbs sing to us. They sometimes fight dirty.

As long as you pick yourself up and get right back at it, you're doing alright. We learn lessons from our stumbles, things about food (and our relationship with it) and things about ourselves as people.

And we get back up to fight another round. You're in good company.

I did my last screw-up about a week ago. I was an idiot. I'd say I had a good 3000 cal myself. I don't even want to talk about the carbs, but they were bad. I learned some things about myself, got up that Sunday morning and was back to business, applying those lessons.
    I always tell myself: No guilt, but no excuses. So I laced up those gloves and got back in the ring. Ain't got no time to keep smacking myself for mistakes made and over. It's done, but I'm not done fighting.

Tomorrow is another day. Make it a good one. :+1:

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Just all of that ^^^.

We all screw up somehow, even unintentionally. That's ok. "Tomorrow is another day. Make it a good one."
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon plenty of times. I like the "no guilt but no excuses" approach.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. Been there. I am there. I just finished a bowl of cacao, whipping cream and coconut shreds after eating shrimp, roast, veggies, nuts and abit of bread for dinner. That was just dinner....

Tomorrow is a another day. I didn't gain it all by pigging out every single day and I won't lose it all by eating under a deficit everyday. A little bit of wiggle room is fine as long as one is on track most of the time.

... and for punishment, I am pretty sure my body will gift me with some bloat, a headache, fatigue and carb cravings tomorrow, so I won;t beat myself up over it. KWIM?

Here's to tomorrow. :)

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better today @daylitemag ! For me, alcohol means I make a LOT worse choices.... like having more alcohol! Then I think...well, one bar of chocolate won't hurt me...Hmmmm....

We've definitely all done it. Tactics to get back on track:

Exercise - definitely. It makes you feel a bit more in control of things and helps burn off some of the carbs.

Fasting - probably not. I wouldn't go straight to a fast from a carb binge as carbs make hunger less manageable. I would eat loads of keto foods, to help convince myself I don't need carbs (all the delicious fat) and then transition back into low carb, and then maybe stick in a fast a week later to undo the binging.

Hope the aftermath isn't too painful!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Um I just had some Ben & Jerry's ice cream. But it was so good. Will hate it that I'm not in ketosis tomorrow morning though.
    And the rest of the tub is still in the freezer.
    (But in the past I would eat the whole tub in one sitting)
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    daylitemag wrote: »
    My Carb count is threw the roof and I feel like *****

That is punishment enough. Especially those in ketosis, carbing out can from what I have heard make one feel bad.
    I personally think you are going to do fine and you are going to succeed. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • daylitemag
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words of encouragement. It is quite humbling, actually, to know that people you hardly know can relate to your life so intimately. Today is a new day, I don't feel too bad. I'm right back on track this morning, having had my usual Keto breakfast, and I have a good week of meals planned.

I like @baconslave 's line, "No guilt, No excuses" - that really resonates and I'm going to adopt it for myself. I had fun yesterday. Our team won the Eastern Conference finals and are heading to the Grey Cup. now it's back at it
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    This weekend I had biscuits and some of my son's fluffy pancakes. I felt guilty especially since I'm still so new to this woe and I'm constantly fighting these stupid carb cravings. I wanted a bowl of sugary cereal SO bad last night, and I was on the verge of getting a big bowl but managed to convince myself so stay away. It's exhausting! I'm hoping I can manage to get on track to be more consistent. Thanks for your post and helping us newbies out.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Our team won the Eastern Conference finals and are heading to the Grey Cup. now it's back at it
    Is that the Ottawa Redblacks? A friend of mine from college plays for them--Moton Hopkins (#95).
  • daylitemag
    Options
    Our team won the Eastern Conference finals and are heading to the Grey Cup. now it's back at it
    Is that the Ottawa Redblacks? A friend of mine from college plays for them--Moton Hopkins (#95).

Wow! That's pretty cool. Yes, I live in Ottawa within walking distance of the stadium. Sunday was a picture perfect day for a football game and our team won! Now it's off to the Grey Cup next weekend. Can't believe this is only the second year that the franchise has existed (in it's current incarnation). Go RedBlacks!!
  • daylitemag
    Options
    This weekend I had biscuits and some of my son's fluffy pancakes. I felt guilty especially since I'm still so new to this woe and I'm constantly fighting these stupid carb cravings. I wanted a bowl of sugary cereal SO bad last night, and I was on the verge of getting a big bowl but managed to convince myself so stay away. It's exhausting! I'm hoping I can manage to get on track to be more consistent. Thanks for your post and helping us newbies out.

Trust me, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Everyday is a battle to avoid eating poorly. The temptation to eat the things I have always eaten is constant. I wish I had some magic advice to share to help you through the tough days. All you can do is your best, and celebrate the fact you did NOT eat that bowl of cereal. That is a small but real victory. Every uneaten bowl of cereal, or ice cream, or whatever is a victory. For me the evenings have often been a dangerous time. It really boils down to eating out of boredom. Try to make sure you eat enough protein and fat at dinner so you aren't hungry and then if you really feel like eating something before bed try to make it Keto friendly. I will some times allow myself 15g of peanuts and wash it down with a club soda/lemon wedge. I find that a large glass filled with ice, club soda and lemon is a great refreshing drink. I will have that with some nuts or 1/2 cup of blackberries (if I want something a bit sweet). To get even more specific I will chew on the ice cubes and I find that gives me something to do while watching TV. Basically anything to avoid ice cream/chip/cookies etc.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Ugh. Calgary was such an embarrassment. I had to turn it off in the third quarter. What was it? Five fumbles? Boo.

Even though it will be the Eskimos going to the Cup, I'm going to have to cheer West. I just could never cheer for the East...

My dad has his name on the Grey Cup from 71. :) it would be wrong to cheer on the East in my house. ;)

...And I still keep wanting to call Ottawa the Senators. Lol
  • daylitemag
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Ugh. Calgary was such an embarrassment. I had to turn it off in the third quarter. What was it? Five fumbles? Boo.

Even though it will be the Eskimos going to the Cup, I'm going to have to cheer West. I just could never cheer for the East...

My dad has his name on the Grey Cup from 71. :) it would be wrong to cheer on the East in my house. ;)

...And I still keep wanting to call Ottawa the Senators. Lol

Hahaha! For sure you have to cheer for the West if your Dad's name is on the cup! That is just too cool for school!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Oh hun trust me, I know. Last year I was good (no cheats) for 9 months. At Xmas I thought "it's only one day, I'm just going to eat what I want". Mid March, after gaining 14kg, I managed to stop. So now it's been 9 months this year with no cheats, and I've only lost 11kg of the 14kg I gained in those three months. And Xmas is just around the corner and I'm scared to death.
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A nice blast of hardcore cardio will get you back In the game in less than 48 hours! Cheers!
  • daylitemag
    Options
    Oh hun trust me, I know. Last year I was good (no cheats) for 9 months. At Xmas I thought "it's only one day, I'm just going to eat what I want". Mid March, after gaining 14kg, I managed to stop. So now it's been 9 months this year with no cheats, and I've only lost 11kg of the 14kg I gained in those three months. And Xmas is just around the corner and I'm scared to death.

I know that feeling well