One week back on the wagon...

Options
and I am down 15lbs. Is a large portion of that water and bloat? Sure, but who cares? I feel better already, my pants fit noticeably looser (my jeans almost too much so, my scrubs nicely) and it was simple.

I plan to eat fairly light the next few days, then approach Thanksgiving as I did (successfully) last year: dark meat turkey, raw veg (broc and cauli) with ranch if I feel like it, cocktail shrimp with just a bit of very spicy cocktail sauce, deviled eggs, lots of coffee. The weather looks nice, so probably a good long walk with the kids and husband.

Here's to getting my *kitten* back in gear. ;)

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lawd, your meal sounds good! Congrats on those NSVs.
    And, welcome back. :wink: As if I haven't already said that. :lol:
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Way to go! I eat shrimp with cocktail sauce almost everyday when I get home. Low cal, low carb, high protein, filling. Can't go wrong.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Wonderful restart!! Good for you!!!
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    As your glycogen depletes you'll lose 3-4 grams of water for each gram of glycogen that you lose. How much of your 15lbs of weight loss is water will depend on how overweight you are to start and your body's quantities of glycogen. Losing the water weight is just part of the process, and it doesn't negate the hardwork you're doing.

Congratulations. :) You're doing wonderfully!