Starting 2nd Month of Insanity

Options
medlaura
medlaura Posts: 282 Member
Super excited, I have never gotten this far with this program until now. So proud of my self for sticking to it!!!

Replies

• TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    How did it go??
  • JTanker66
    JTanker66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Congrats
  • medlaura
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »
    How did it go??

I only got to the end of week 6. But I did lose about 4 pounds, 2 inches off my waist and went from 44% body fat to 42%. I could see my body getting nice and tight. Planning on starting all over again on Sunday. I loved it!
  • medlaura
    Options
    I could only Imagine how amazing the results could have been if i did all 9 weeks! :smile:
  • medlaura
    Options
    medlaura wrote: »
    TaraTall wrote: »
    How did it go??

I only got to the end of week 6. But I did lose about 4 pounds, 2 inches off my waist and went from 44% body fat to 42%. I could see my body getting nice and tight. Planning on starting all over again on Sunday. I loved it!

Correction my body fat when I started insanity was actually 47%!!!! Totally recommend it, don't pay attention t the scale, I would actually stay away from it and take lots of progress pics!
  • TaraTall
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!
    Thanks for the update.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm about to start month 2 tomorrow... Was supposed to start again last week but caught a cold. Hopefully i'm able to keep up after such a long break now.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 of recovery week after 3 week break... I felt like I was going to throw up. I didn't expect it to be that awful getting back into it.
  • jenn_boomz
    jenn_boomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here is a picture of me at day one and day 30! I can't believe how fast the results are with Insanity. The next month will be more brutal, but I am so ready.
    bc456lk4h9ds.jpeg
    peak08tjcyxx.jpeg
    3ialnh0j578p.jpeg
  • TaraTall
    Options
    :o

Well done!
  • JTanker66
    JTanker66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in my recovery week right now. I'm not sure how I feel about starting month 2 on Monday.
  • jenn_boomz
    Options
    Well, I'm on my last week, and I'm sad it's coming to an end. I'm going to have to focus on cycling-specific workouts to prepare for this year's racing season, but I am so glad I did insanity. My resting heartrate went down ten points, I'm stronger and leaner going into this season than I have been in a long time, and I feel like the plyo really helped my explosive power.
  • jenn_boomz
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WELP, today was our last workout for Insanity's 60 day original program. My total weight loss is 8 pounds, and my husband slid in at 26 pounds lost.

Biggest physical difference I noticed was strength in my hip flexors and aerobic endurance. My hips are tons stronger. I went for 60+ mile bike ride yesterday to the St. Croix River Valley (Afton) and even after climbing hills, I wasn't sore. No knee pain, no back pain, no hip pain. I mean, my muscles are tired, but not in pain. Considering that's the first long ride I've done this year; that's really relieving and good news for me. Especially, considering I've been having a lot of problems with my hips and knees in the past couple of years.

ALL the weight I lost was fat loss. I upped my caloric goal, but worked to make sure my macros were 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fat. We didn't follow a strict diet plan, per se, but we did cut out all alcohol and replaced all sugary snacks like ice cream and cookies with smoothies made with fresh fruit, veggies, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, and protein powders. We also worked towards not having added sugar, though not avoiding sugar in form of things like fruit, honey, and real maple syrup. These weren't hard dietary commitments AT ALL, and I never felt deprived or felt cravings for anything. VERY occasionally we did order pizza, and once, we went out for greasy burgers and fries. All other meals were home-cooked, regular meals. Nothing crazy, or strict in any dietary sense, just good old fashioned food. Meat and potatoes kind of meals. No salads, unless we wanted one, but it was rare. It's almost a sort of anti-diet plan, and we don't have any desire to start eating cookies and ice cream on a nightly basis again.

One thing that did change in my diet is monitoring my macros, as I mentioned above. It was hard at first to hit 40% protein and to keep my carbs under 40. Protein shakes helped. Fat was another thing I really had to concentrate on adding to my daily intake. I started buying full-fat yogurt and nuts to snack on.

My husband is going to continue with Insanity Max 30. I will do a lot of those with him, but I will be focusing on more cycling-specific workouts going into the race season. I'm SO happy to be down to race weight before the season is started. We're probably going to do Insanity Asylum in the fall after I finish cyclocross. I'm looking forward to that. I'm super proud of him. He's never been a workout kinda dude; just a hard working one. I love how into he got, and I love how motivated he is by how good he feels.

I'm not sure if I'm done with alcohol forever, but after taking these months off from it, it's hard to ignore how great I feel without it. Plus, it seems like I have so much more money now. lol I'm to the point I still think about it, but it's easier and easier to be like, "Nah, I'll just crack a la croix." And, when I do, I'm actually thankful it's not a beer. I'm cool with folks drinking around me, and I've received nothing but support and love from my friends, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll have a beer or two again, maybe I won't.

1yxfg5gsya3d.jpeg
    do5qz1xtqi8j.jpeg
    i40v4tyjaq2e.jpeg