Hello!

Options
KrisM111
KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
To anyone who joins me -- first of all, thank you! I joined this site in hopes of finding people to walk this path with, so I'm glad you're here. A little about me -- my name is Kristin. I'm 40, not married but I've been with my SO for 10 yrs. No kids but we have 2 furbabies. My weight has been an issue for me ever since I can remember. I had a grasp on it for a large part of my 20's and early 30's (mostly because I used to love to run, and that kept the weight off that way) but as I got older, life happened, and the weight that I put on didn't come off as easily. I got the wake up call I needed when I saw a "2" as the first number on the scale for the first time in my life. Kind of panicked actually. So, here I am. Ashamed that I let it get this far, but hopeful I can turn it around. :)

Replies

• cookielady2007
    cookielady2007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm happy to have found a group to join. I really need to get under control and being slim by summer would be awesome! :)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hey Cookielady! We're officially a group now! LOL I didn't know if anyone would join, so I'm so very happy you're here! I need to get under control too, so I am totally with you! I work from home, so I hope to check this site regularly and this can kind of be our home base. Looking forward to getting to know you! We CAN do this!! I know it! :)
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been using mfp since late March. Time for me to take it more seriously. This is the first time I've joined a group.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hey New! I'm really glad you are here. If you guys have any ideas on things you'd like to do or ways to motivate each other in this group, let me know. I'm going to post a Daily Check-In thread where we can write as little or as much as we want about how we're doing, but the idea is to just make sure we're all still on the path.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Kris, for welcoming me. Hi, everyone! I'm normally a very private person, but this is my chance to help and be helped so I'm ready to try it. My name is Olga. I am 59 and from Texas. Ht: 5'3" HW: 254 SW: 242 CW:220. I log everyday...usually eat more than I should. It's a lot less than I used to eat though! Others who started when I did have already lost twice as much or more. I'm okay with going slowly. For me, it's got to be a life style change, and that's going to take some time.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    HI: I started on MFP the end of may at 168 I'm now 142. My wake up call was my daughter's college graduation pictures and I realized when she said I would be the fat mom at her wedding she meant it. :'( So I have been busting my rear and now her boyfriend's mom and I are kind of in a competition to who can look their best. LOL My other person who got my rear in gear is my sister. Who pushed my buttons by saying I'm smaller than you just one too many times.

I lose weight slow maybe a 1/2 a lb a week sometimes if I don't put in all the exercise I won't lose any. With winter here I just need a group where I can be accountable to so I don't turn into a couch potato and lose the rest of the weight and finally get to a healthy weight.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Olga ~ I'm normally a very private/introverted person as well, so that's why something like a WW meeting was off the table for me, but I still think it's important to have that accountability, so I'm glad you're with us! It sounds like you've been doing great, and I completely agree that we have to look at this like a lifestyle change, or we'll easily end up back in the same boat. We'll keep fighting the good fight together!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Pink ~ You have been doing great it looks like! Nothing like a wedding/wedding pics. to motivate, although I have to disagree that at 168 you would have stood out as a fat person in any way, shape, or form! lol Either way, you're going to look wonderful! When is the wedding?
    I think half a lb. per week is a great pace at your current weight. The thought of winter coming scares me a bit, too (especially since I'm from MN, where winters aren't kind) and I don't want another year to slip by where I just let the winter doldrums get the best of me.
  • hancorbin
    hancorbin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You guys, this sounds AWESOME!!! I am so glad this group is here. I think I am going to do a mixture of 21 day fix and PiYo to help get me where I need to be. If anyone wants to join me, pm me!! We can do it together!! Busy moms out there, these programs rock!!!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Hancorbin! Thanks for joining us! What are 21dayfix and PiYo? Another member suggested each month we do a "Beach Body Challenge" type of thing to keep us going throughout the year (we don't all have to pick the same goals) so we'll probably start that on December 1st! Welcome!
  • LegoMam
    LegoMam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!. My name is Emma. It's nice to find people that seem a lot like me!. I was following MFP a while back and even though I was losing some weight, I was being sneaky and hiding my diary. This time I have a new outlook-I would LOVE to lose weight but I really want to get healthy at the same time. I am out of touch with everything at the moment-so I haven't got a clue what Beach Body, 21 Day Fix or PiYO are..but I am willing to give anything a shot!!
    Thank you for accepting me in to the group :)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Emma! We're glad to have you! I hear you with losing weight AND getting healthy. Most of us probably know how to lose weight, but it's incorporating things that will actually "stick" longterm . . . things that we want to continue to do, I guess? I'm out-of-the-loop with the latest fitness/diet stuff, too. For the purpose of our group "Beach Body Challenge" would just be a general, umbrella term that would be anything we wanted to work on for the month, be it diet, exercise, spiritual -- anything that will help move us forward on our path to wellness. This group will never be about a specific type of plan -- it's more for support and accountability and to cheer each other on!
  • dearaujo10
    dearaujo10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I too like most have been very private about the whole weight loss issues and suffer in the dark, but the light is coming and alone I don't want to be. I have joined an gym and go about 4 to 5 days a week. I don't want the babe body just to be comfortable in my skin and clothing. :)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Welcome, Dearaujo! Glad you joined us. Suffering in the dark. Yeah. That resonates with me. That's been my pattern for the past year + and it's gotten me nowhere fast, so time to change the pattern and reach out for support. That is great you're in the habit of going to the gym that often. I'm looking forward to getting back to exercising myself. Being comfortable in my skin is exactly what I'm aiming for, too. Right now, I'm not. We'll get there!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    No date as of yet they moved in together and are going to grad school. His mom would like it soon and I'm going for after graduation. LOL I like him a lot i just want the two of them to grow up and be stable and not be living in one of our basements. LOL ;)
    @dearaujo10 I hear you when you say I'm not going out for the beach bod. I have decided a few things one I'm just not comfortable wearing shorts at any weight. I swear I think road maps have less lines on them than my legs. ( I got my dad's legs boy I'm so lucky.) LOL
    @LegoMam I'm also clueless on those things. I'm always glad we are on computer so I'm not standing in front of you all just smiling and nodding my head as if I had a clue. :)
  • LegoMam
    LegoMam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi @2020pinktogo I'm glad I'm not the only one!. I remember when I was a little girl and copying my mam doing the Jane Fonda workout..now, she really did aerobics in style...and she still looks amazing!. I think I would manage 2 minutes of it at the moment.
    My plan is to work on the healthy eating first and ease myself back in to exercise. I'm the same as you-I lose weight slowly. I don't think I'll weigh myself religiously either this time.
    Thanks for the welcome @KrisM111 ..I really like the way this group is easy going and supportive :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @LegoMam I only weigh myself once a week. When the weather was nice I walked outside everyday. Now I do Leslie Sansone you can try her on YouTube. I also have a weakness for Richard Simmons.lol
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Joining the group today (Robin, Southern California) as I have much in common with the members posting here. I am not dieting but changing to a healthier lifestyle, hoping the slowness of my weight loss increases as I become more active. Next year is my 30th Wedding Anniversary, baby/wedding showers and a wedding for my niece, and graduations for my two sons. And I have a pool in my backyard that didn't seen much use this past summer. Everyone has submitted wonderful ideas, I look forward to our success!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Robin! We are glad to have you with us. :) Wow, you have a lot to look forward to next year. You're going to be in a great place by then. I'm sure the pace of your weight loss will increase with more activity. I know I'm not in a place to do anything too vigorous --- I'm just too heavy so have to be careful with the walking / running for my knees' sake. -- We'll get there! Thanks for joining us!
  • cshock93
    cshock93 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I used to use mfp and it really worked for me. But the past year, well life happened and I put on some extra lbs I want to get rid of. So now I'm back. Lookin forward to reaching all our goals together!