Schedule trouble

So I recently started a second job and it's been extremely difficult to find the time to work out. I am in an office for one job and waitressing for the other, so at least I still get a little exercise. But if I do have a free moment, which is rare, I find myself running errands and doing housework. Any suggestions on how to incorporate staying fit with a super busy schedule?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Three 10 min workouts are as effective as a single 30 min workout for cardiovascular health - so, if you can find 10 min increments to fit in a workout instead of half an hour or an hour, then you are still making progress!
  • I have tried on line work outs. Some do not take long and they are good.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Get kit ready for exercise the night before. Wake up early or take running shoes to work. Have a walking lunch with a friend. Choose the stairs (not the lifts). Have walking meetings. Not all can be done that way but a practical alternate to the coffee conversation
  • Nldempsey85
    Nldempsey85 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! I definitely want to find the time but it's been really hard. Hopefully after the new year my schedule will calm down a little :blush:

• ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Sounds like you need to find a way to maximize your workouts when you can squeeze some time in for them. It is possible! I have the same issue, and found this really helpful https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/how_to_minimize_your_time_at_the_gym_while_maximizing_results/
  • Wendy77685
    Wendy77685 Posts: 27 Member
    You can do body weight exercises whenever you have a few min throughout the day. There are so many things that you need zero equipment to do, but that are very effective
  • organic_homestead
    organic_homestead Posts: 31 Member
    Some quickie exercises you can do: planks, pushups, mountain climbers for cardio, bodyweight squats (squeeze that booty). At night when you're about to crash try some leg work such as clams, bird dog, leg abductors/adductors. Try a sun salutation routine first thing in the morning (it's a great workout!).
  • ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    I've lowered my standards on the housework. Some days it sucks but I am learning to let it go. I feel much better if I use those 30 minutes for a workout. I've also given my kids some responsibility around the house. They can put their own laundry away and fold the towels.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    If you don't have a lot of time efficient workouts are super important. I do cardio sessions and plyometric circuits but when work gets busy I just make sure I keep my circuits (kettle bells, jump squats, switch lunges, thrusters, push-ups). You can create 5 or 10 minute circuits to do throughout the day. For example, you can repeat 15 burpees, 15 jump squats, 20 jump lunges and 15 push-ups for 5-10 minutes. You can build muscle and burn fat at the same time