Running Setlist

Options
Forty6and2
Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
Hi everybody!

I'm just getting back into running and I'm looking for a running setlist! I like metal, grunge, and alternative but I'm willing to branch out into pop. Well, maybe. Anyway, I want to know what's on your setlist and if you have any suggestions for me!

Thanks!

Replies

• MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    Hi everybody!

I'm just getting back into running and I'm looking for a running setlist! I like metal, grunge, and alternative but I'm willing to branch out into pop. Well, maybe. Anyway, I want to know what's on your setlist and if you have any suggestions for me!

Thanks!

I always run with music myself. What I like to listen to (personally) when I'm out, is something that has a good beat/rhythm that will allow me to be comfortable and enjoy the run. If metal, grunge, and alternative is your thing, there are all kind of song that will work. There will always be a song on your playlist that will get you out of that comfort zone, but some times that is a good thing too. With all of that said, pick your favourites, test it out on a run, and see what works. It can't hurt to switch things up from time-to-time either.
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am part of a running group where we are nattering most of the way around so dont need music but when i do run by myself I like dance music something with a fast beat and some running apps (if you use a running app on your mobile) let you link a "power song" for when your thinking "OMG I cant do this, i need to stop!" :-)
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I always listen to music when running. I really like electronic music with a kickin beat to pump me up. DJ's like Steve Aoki and Autoerotique are some of my favourites. The songs Turbulence and Asphixyiation are really great songs for motivating and pushing through speed bursts. I also like groups like the Arkell's, their song 11:11 is one that just makes me happy and Macklemore's Downtown.
  • kissmevodka
    kissmevodka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have an extensive list of timed music from Rock My Run. You can pick your genre, speed/bpm and length of time (30 mins, 5k, etc). I like the variety and have quite an eclectic mix.
  • RunningStronger
    RunningStronger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    gemmaw987 wrote: »
    I am part of a running group where we are nattering most of the way around so dont need music but when i do run by myself I like dance music something with a fast beat and some running apps (if you use a running app on your mobile) let you link a "power song" for when your thinking "OMG I cant do this, i need to stop!" :-)

@gemmaw987 Love the idea of a "power song." I'll have to try that!
  • RunningStronger
    RunningStronger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Another option would be to use a service like Pandora. You search for a station you'd like and songs will play based on your preferences. I've discovered a lot of new artists I never heard of before listening to Pandora. Another bonus is that I never know what is going to play, so it keeps my music fresh.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I have an extensive list of timed music from Rock My Run. You can pick your genre, speed/bpm and length of time (30 mins, 5k, etc). I like the variety and have quite an eclectic mix.

I really like this!

@Nathan_PK I sometimes use Spotify, but I can't afford the subscription to it so I usually find music on there and download it to my phone. I'm also going to be teaching a group fitness class this spring, so I need to put together a setlist for that as well. Although, I may get away from the metal for that :tongue:
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im doing Ashby 20 (20MILES)! OMG!......... At the end of March 2016 and I dont think headphones are permitted - how am I going to get through LOL
  • MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    gemmaw987 wrote: »
    Im doing Ashby 20 (20MILES)! OMG!......... At the end of March 2016 and I dont think headphones are permitted - how am I going to get through LOL

I train with music all the time, but for some reason on race day, I have no interest in it. I find there is so much going on around you, that you are distracted by the little things. Depending of you are one to keep track of your pace, there is that distraction too. This is just me though. Music does get me through the tough times, so I can see how it can be a dependent.