Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

tv shows

Options
2»

Replies

• martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I remember the magical thinking when i weighed 400 pounds that if i just lost weight and got to be a "normalish" weight then I would be happy. Then I lost enough weight that I can be considered "normalish" and I'm amazed at the PROBLEMS that's caused. Mammograms have found lumps because I don't have any fat in my boobs now. Right now I have an enlarged lymph node that is being watched, because I felt it and it's bulging out. I have skin hanging. Where is this bed of roses I thought it would be? AND! I would not change any of it. I feel healthy and active and for the first time I don't live in a weight-induced shame spiral. But everyone has real life problems and joys, fat or thin or in between. That's the reality I need to remind myself of occasionally.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love Melissa McCarthy. Her role in 'Gilmore Girls' solidified her talent. When she was on G.G. I heard nothing about her weight, only her talent. When 'Mike and Molly' started and her co-star exceeded her size, media said the show wouldn't last. Well, it lasted almost 6 years. A tribute to her acting and good writing - but now the media is saying no one could identify with the over-weight main characters. Not sure I believe that. Currently, Melissa is losing weight and I haven't heard if she's gone thru GBS. I wish her well. I'm hoping good health won out over media pressure. She is so talented!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love her!!!! My husband and I are frequently called "mike and Molly". Hahaha!!! He used to be a cop too. People kept telling us that we needed to watch the show, so we did some binge watching and realized that we lead parallel lives. Sooo funny!