Been having cravings!

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
Being out of town for three days this past weekend, I had to eat out for all meals. I kept to my LCHF woe with all choices, so there is confirmation of the hidden carbs. I have been having cravings/hungry feelings (hasn't been this strong for a very long time) since. I am so in to this woe that my snacking options keep me on plan. I just don't like that feeling and wanted you all to hear of my experience. Might help others to understand this!

Replies

• smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good job for not giving into the cravings. It is hard when you are not in charge of preparing the food so can't control where the carbs are but I suppose we all have to learn to cope with those horrible cravings on occasions. I hate it. Feels like I have lost control even when I don't give in to them.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    On my last road trip I was careful but still got kicked out but not totally. I will just have to do a better job carrying my on low carb food. Thanks for posting Karlottap.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be living much the same way (restaurant to mouth) for 11 days this month.
    I'll remember your words and that if I start to feel tempted that it means I'm already getting the carb creep, and that I don't need to help it along!

Hope you recover quickly!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thankfully it went away after quickly couple of day! Good luck!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I haven't been having cravings but I've been wanting to eat more. Nothing specific. I guess maybe boredom eating??? Really working to get my calories back in the range I want. My activity has slowed down as it's gotten colder because I don't want to leave the house if I don't have to, and it's not even that cold yet! I am just not a fan of the bodyweight stuff I can do at home. So, I need to stop trying to eat stuff just because I'm bored. It hasn't gotten out of control. I'm able to keep up a deficit, just not as much as I think will be productive. I may have to develop a maintenance mindset through the winter...
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor suggested a TRX system for home training. Might be something to look at if you're tired of body weight work (though it seems a little pricey to me, apparently it's great for variety).