I ran over 4 km today!

Options
Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
Did parkrun this morning and did my best ever.

I ran the first 4 km without stopping before my body said "nope", then I walked a bit, then ran the last half km.

I beat my PB by 2 minutes 43 seconds!

In a time of 38:07. (Age grading 42.94%) Getting there!

Maybe next week the full 5 km.

(I started running on September 22, and started C25K a few days after that. Been doing parkrun every Saturday since October 10.)

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Did parkrun this morning and did my best ever.

I ran the first 4 km without stopping before my body said "nope", then I walked a bit, then ran the last half km.

I beat my PB by 2 minutes 43 seconds!

In a time of 38:07. (Age grading 42.94%) Getting there!

Maybe next week the full 5 km.

(I started running on September 22, and started C25K a few days after that. Been doing parkrun every Saturday since October 10.)

You are amazing!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Dee!

I'm sooo close!

This week, on Monday and Wednesday, I achieved another personal milestone.

I ran around our town's lake without stopping - Fitbit tells me it was 4.4 km. So happy with myself!

I'm going to try and do the full 5 km at parkrun on Saturday (not tomorrow but the next day).
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Thanks, Dee!

I'm sooo close!

This week, on Monday and Wednesday, I achieved another personal milestone.

I ran around our town's lake without stopping - Fitbit tells me it was 4.4 km. So happy with myself!

I'm going to try and do the full 5 km at parkrun on Saturday (not tomorrow but the next day).

LOOOOOVE your enthusiasm! Hope some rubs off on me. Winter doldrums have a hold on me already.
  • Diantha21
    Diantha21 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Arrgh I was going to ask how you knew how far you travelled I will look at fitbit!! You are doing so well, I think as I run slow it would give me a bit of enthusiasm to know how far I travelled
    Well done you