Blood ketone meter in the UK?

UMDavies
UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
I've been using Ketostix but I'm not having much luck - I haven't had a positive result yet and I'm pretty sure I've been in ketosis as my carbs have been under 20g per day for a good few weeks, and (TMI alert) my pee is smelling pretty funky! So I was thinking about getting a blood meter instead but I'm having trouble finding one in the UK - which one should I go for?

Replies

• SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    I've read a fair bit on keto stix. Some people take AGES to go positive on the stix. Or will never get a reading, cannot remember why just remember thinking I'm lucky it happened for me like a text book.

I've seen some posts where they don't worry about a stix result because they know they are positive from the smell and carbs in logging at the end of the day, that they are in ketosis.

But on the flip side I had a friend who dosnt log but writes food on paper she swore she was eating right. She was drinking flavoured still water & wrote it in water consumption - when we checked it had 16g carbs to each bottle & she had 5 a day - thus not in ketosis. Then magically she was by drunking plain water with a slice of lemon & lime to flavour it.