Keto and PKD?

Just curious if anyone with polycystic kidney disease is on here doing keto? I am not 100% keto, but lowering carbs more and more everyday. My worry is that even though I've read it's good to increase sodium on keto, is it still good with PKD? I'm trying to avoid the "processed" fatty foods such as pepperoni crisps/sticks, lunch meat, etc., but having a hard time finding "healthy" keto snacks Kwim? I'm trying to eat keto without anyone really noticing as my family is extremely against me eating high sodium, high "processed" or what they perceive as high protein.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    I try to size my meals big enough and keep my hydration up so that I don't snack between meals. I think it's best to give our bodies specific periods of eating & digestion, and then let it work on other things most of the time.
  • mamaboobear13
    mamaboobear13 Posts: 10 Member
    In theory I agree, and I'm pretty good during the day. Work days I usually skip breakfast, then cheese omelet and salad with bacon bits and cheese for lunch, dinner I still have trouble with as I have a family of males to feed and it's hard to skip the carbs as fillers for them but for a late night snack or days I don't work and my schedule gets wonky and I'm just starving I don't know what to eat. I bought almonds and peanuts for this week, hoping that helps. I've also got cucumbers, but that's not really something I want at the end of the day lol. I guess I'm getting there, but transitioning sllloooowwwllly lol.