arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
You've heard it all before, folks!

But here it is again!

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great video - thanks for creating and posting it!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Thanks. My Youtube skills leave some to be desired, but I am getting better.

Please, folks, subscribe and like if you have not already!
  • FastKeto
    FastKeto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For OMAD weight-loss, how strict is it to eat an average-sized plate of food?

I ask because I don't feel satisfied after eating that.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    FastKeto wrote: »
    For OMAD weight-loss, how strict is it to eat an average-sized plate of food?

I ask because I don't feel satisfied after eating that.

Hi,

It all depends on how far off the mark you are to start and how much you want to lose. Some feel closer to full on a normal amount of calories, and they might be just slightly overweight. The closer you are to normal weight, odds are you will have less hunger; the further off you are, the hungrier you will be. This is because your body's sense of full is off from where it should be.

There will be an adjustment period. Your stomach will shrink in time.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe:
    I have a hard time eating 1,000 calories all at one time. I've been eating until full and then waiting about 15 minutes to finish my meal. I do this within the one hour allotted time. Is it okay to take a small break like this?
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Hi Joe:
    I have a hard time eating 1,000 calories all at one time. I've been eating until full and then waiting about 15 minutes to finish my meal. I do this within the one hour allotted time. Is it okay to take a small break like this?

Make it easier. Just elongate your eating window to 2 or even 4 hours and you'll be fine. A lot of people do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B0QomFrjsM
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I missed this video when I was watching them. I'll lengthen my window another half hour and I'll be fine. (From 5 pm to 6:30 pm) I think that will do it. I had another question which I asked last night and afterwards found my answer about vinegar. Can I use 2 tablespoons of vinegar on cooked spinach instead of putting it in water and drinking it? I was trying to figure a way to drink it and I'm very sensitive to taste but I do enjoy putting vinegar on spinach. That's the way we ate it growing up in the South. Thanks for the information.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Of course.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I missed this video when I was watching them. I'll lengthen my window another half hour and I'll be fine. (From 5 pm to 6:30 pm) I think that will do it. I had another question which I asked last night and afterwards found my answer about vinegar. Can I use 2 tablespoons of vinegar on cooked spinach instead of putting it in water and drinking it? I was trying to figure a way to drink it and I'm very sensitive to taste but I do enjoy putting vinegar on spinach. That's the way we ate it growing up in the South. Thanks for the information.

My mom put vinegar on cooked spinach also.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I tried but couldn't put as much vinegar as I needed to without it tasting bad so I'm still searching for another way to drink it.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Does one need to take 2 tbs vinegar at one time? Or can it be split up in the day? I love salads so I could put one tbs in a vinaigrette, and the other one I could put in juice or something.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Does one need to take 2 tbs vinegar at one time? Or can it be split up in the day? I love salads so I could put one tbs in a vinaigrette, and the other one I could put in juice or something.

With water you can. Nothing with calories after the meal.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I bought some Braggs apple cider vinegar, local raw honey, and tart cherry juice. I also bought Braggs' book on fasting and his book on the cider vinegar on Amazon.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I think most people drink it right before eating. You can't drink cherry juice when you're fasting but you could drink the vinegar with water if you want to have it during the day.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I think most people drink it right before eating. You can't drink cherry juice when you're fasting but you could drink the vinegar with water if you want to have it during the day.

Thanks! I don't know all of the "rules" yet. I'm still researching.
    :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi Deb....start watching Joe's videos on his tv tube. I did a marathon when I first began and spend a whole weekend watching the videos. Now I watch them when I need a boost and every Monday he posts a new video.
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Deb....start watching Joe's videos on his tv tube. I did a marathon when I first began and spend a whole weekend watching the videos. Now I watch them when I need a boost and every Monday he posts a new video.

I spent time today marathon watching a bunch of the videos on YouTube. I'm going to start OMAD now because I want to begin the New Year having lost some weight.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Yeah!!! I'm happy for you and I know you can do it if you stick with it. Sometimes you will do well and there may come a time you slip up. Don't let that defeat you though...get right back on it again. Remember, you can have a splurge day every two weeks. That doesn't mean to eat everthing in sight but you can eat three meals and some snacks. Good luck and let me know how you're doing Deb. ♥
  • DebSozo
    Options
    It looks like you like OMAD.
    :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    OMAD has changed my life when I thought there was no hope of every losing weight because of autoimmune disease and various other health issues.