Here we go!

Yay! It's Day 1! Post your workout below and let us know how it went!

Replies

• melodyrae67
    melodyrae67 Posts: 13 Member
    Does putting up Christmas count as a workout? Yesterday went great; today less so. Client thanked me with Egyptian chocolates made from Camel milk & neighbor thanked me for scuba gear use with spiked eggnog.
  • AmigaAlly
    AmigaAlly Posts: 9 Member
    I just finished my first workout! It took me a bit to complete because I was with my little one, but I did it! Ahhhh, So glad for the reminders in FB and on here! I feel good to have done SOMETHING!!

Here's what I did:
    • Pushups ("girl pushups"): 4 sets of 12
    • Vinyasa: 3 sets of 12 (I about died on my living room floor)
    • Squats with Baby as weight: 3 sets of 12
    • 3 sets of 30 second hip opening stretches
    • Hand/wall stands: 2 for 12 seconds each

It probably took me about 30 minutes in total. I wanted to cardio but today just didn't work out that way, so I am glad that I had the encouragement.

I like "checking in" because I feel like it holds me accountable.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else did today! xo!
  • LindsayGGray
    LindsayGGray Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for the posts ladies! I walked the airport and the resort yesterday (Im in Mexico for my best friend's wedding), and in about to go for a walk with the bride! Woohoo!
  • jamaicandynasty
    jamaicandynasty Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying to get out my head and off my butt. I wanted to go for a 3 mile run this morning, but its too cold to take the little one out. I will try to go to a noon bootcamp at the gym I wanted to try. I'll you guys later.
  • LindsayGGray
    Woohoo! You go girl. I would assess and think about what goals you can set that are attainable. For me, that's usually a 30 minute workout video. Definitely touch back once you've done your class! You can do it!
  • Cpopp79
    Cpopp79 Posts: 2 Member
    Yesterday morning, I went to the Y (made it by 5:20 AM, woohoo!). I did the NY Times 7 minute work-out followed by running on the treadmill. I actually felt like crap. Normally I run 25-30 minutes, but my quads hurt, so I only ran about 18 minutes and walked for around 5.
  • LindsayGGray
    Yay Christie! Those bad days are so tough, way to stick it out!
  • jamaicandynasty
    jamaicandynasty Posts: 2 Member
    I didn't make the bootcamp yesterday, but I was able to get in 3.8 miles today. Now, I'm exhausted. The hills were brutal!
  • AmigaAlly
    AmigaAlly Posts: 9 Member
    Today I did 8500 steps, about 7 sets of 12 squats while babywearing (got him to sleep!), 3 sets of 12 crunches, 3 sets of 30 leg lifts per leg. I feel like there was something else but I cant remember!
    My arms are so sore so no push ups or vinyasas today..... I tried but I just couldn't do it!
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies!
  • LindsayGGray
    Woohoo! Go girls!