Like Minded Lushes - December 2015

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes! Boring here..moderating and maintaining. My Christmas shopping is done and the son's bedroom is all ready for his permanent (during grad school anyway) return this weekend. I'm planning on just enjoying the next few weeks...get in some exercise and hopefully wrap up my physical therapy on the shoulder.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, It was a pretty good weekend. I made my eggnog from scratch recipe this weekend. It is so smooth and easy. Tastes nothing like store bought. I was good I only had two glasses.

Hang in there all.
    Gary, I hope your head is okay.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin- Head is fine. Haven't heard anything yet- no news is good news.
    Syd- So neat about your son. Do I read you right, he will be living at home during grad school?
    Finally got a full workout in, the first since my hospital stay six weeks ago. Feeling the burn.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yes, you're reading that right, Gary. At least initially. His student loan balance is already high enough so however he can save $$ he is doing so. Graduating 6 months early is a good start. Grad school will not be cheap.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

I have no wine at the house, so that should keep me dry until at least Thursday :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I had wine again. I don't see that changing this week...just need to keep moderating. 1-2 glasses a night
  • rjadams
    Options
    I had wine last night. too much. I can tell today.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-usually the day in which I cave but I am shooting for a 0!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Still consistently drinking wine :# Not seeing an end to that in the near future!

Syd-Congrats to your son on getting done a semester early! That is quite an accomplishment. I don't know if you've said this before and I missed it, but what is he going to school for?

Kate- my jealousy of you is becoming unhealthy....if I didn't have kids and all my family wasn't here I so would leave Chicago in a second, I hate winter
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0, even though I almost got some wine
    Wednesday - planning on a 0, but wine sounds soooo good...
    Thursday - could go either way...if hubs buys some wine for me, I'm obligated to drink it! :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HI CHLOE!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't heard from you in a while!!! How are things??? xo

10 days of work....although the excitement is kind of turning into stress....I was asked to continue to work remotely after we move, so now I am trying to get everything squared away and scanned so I can review, if needed.
    But 28 days until I can see beautiful Hawaii again is very very very very exciting!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    look at all those 0's!! Yeah..not happening here. :drinker:
    I did have my 1st upper body workout with weights in about 6 months! I'm pretty excited the shoulder is ready for some light weights to regain strength. I'm sore today...but in a good way.

Thanks Chloe!! Preston's graduating with a BA in Psychology and his plan is to get his Masters in Social Work and become licensed to open his own practice. He's worked with both at risk youth and the elderly so he still has some time to figure out where he wants to specialize...but I'm thinking probably kids. He has amazing patience. He did not get that from me. :D
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    wow impressive! That's definitely an admirable field to get into!

I am ok...just trying to survive my first toddlerhood :D
  • rjadams
    Options
    last night was some good whisky on the rocks. only a couple.
    Chloe welcome back. Toddler hood is always so much fun. :noway:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    My 0 is totes changing to some wine...work is killing me!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Kate I hear that. Ironically I didn't have but one vodka last night even though work is killing me.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm back! Long 2 days of work out of town, but met a lot of people and had a little fun.
    Monday - 2 wines at dinner, 2 beers and a cocktail after at BW3. I would have not drank, but the others were, so of course I'm drinking on the company dime!
    Tuesday - glass of wine on the flight home
    Wednesday - 3 wines are my Christmas party and then ??? wines at one of my husband's clients' parties. They are developers and their house was ridiculous. They had a bourbon cellar with no less than 200 bottles of bourbon.
    Thursday will be a 0.
    Friday we have Eric's work party so I'll most likely drink too much as usual. Saturday we have a kid birthday party early evening and hopefully will do nothing after. I need some down time.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good for you Robin!!!!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-10oz of wine
    Thursday-probably finish the bottle!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Monday - 5
    Tuesday - 1
    Wednesday - 7?
    Thursday - a beer at dinner

Gained a little weight back, so time to tighten it up again. I think I may get on the wagon next week till Friday. Or at least try to. Holidays are tough.....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I hear you Ashley!!! I don't weigh very often, especially around the holidays, but I am going to the next few weeks so I can keep myself in check....

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-10oz of wine
    Thursday-10oz of wine
    Friday-manhattans, maybe....
    Tomorrow, we are having lunch with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. After, I am making fruitcakes. No drinks at lunch but I am sure to have several brewskis while fruitcake making!!
    Sunday, we are making pierogies, drinks for sure!!!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!
    xo