Ketovangelist ~ 13 Common Keto Mistakes

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I subscribe to this free newsletter: Ketovangelist ~ and saw this really good article:

http://www.ketovangelist.com/13-common-keto-mistakes/

The 13 are so very spot on...

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 14 months on diet

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I listen to that podcast. Like them a lot.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Very good info! Thanks for sharing!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Good post, Thanks!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Some good tips.

One thing I've been realizing though ... Throughout all my weight loss history with its ups and downs, I don't think I've ever had a period of more than a week or two where I wasn't losing weight and yet I was losing inches or noticing other health benefits. For me, what's happening on the scale does seem to be pretty closely tied to other good progress. That's probably why I get anxious if it's been 2 weeks with no weight loss; in the past, several times I've tried to wait that out for a month or two or longer and the weight loss or loss of inches never really picked up again until I tried a completely different WOE. I wonder if I'm the only weirdo like this. :p I try to listen to everyone else's advice to just be patient but based on my own history, that advice has never actually paid off for me. I'm not sure why.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Freaking spot on. I so do love you Dan.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Freaking spot on. So do love you Dan.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Number 10 really rings for me.." Because of the unique biochemical responses your body has to dietary fat, it’s highly improbable that you can eat too much of it."

my 120 gr fats daily helped me lose quickly in 4 months..but a VERY long 6 months with virtually NO loss, up and down 4 lbs ( I can blame some new meds) …BUT on those days when I need more food I REACH FOR FATS..and hit often 186 gr fats a day.. much better for me than carbs. (I have lost a LOT of inches the last 6 mo, my waist is much smaller ( horray) …ALL my pants are falling off, or up under my armpits like Humpty Dumpty) my favorite green velvet pants are so big and long I wonder what the heck happened...
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This is such a good article. Thanks Dan.
    Surprised that scales show results from 2 weeks ago. I have always considered something like this is the case as we invest in our body and it will have a long lasting effect, not just what has happened in the last week since weighing.

I'm sure that the effect of what we do is not erraced between weigh ins.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Love this article! Thanks Dan!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dan
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Number #12:
    The Scale
    don’t fret about the number on the scale. The scale is always a snap shot of what happened two weeks ago. Think about it. Aside from water, which can fluctuate many pounds in a short period of time, in order for you to gain or lose weight, it requires time.

So much this. Fuel digestion, processing, and storage isn't instantaneous. Why would emptying of fat cells work like that either?

It's like looking at the stars. The light you see left that object thousands of years ago. You are looking back in time.

Same with the scale. At some point in the near past, multiple agents internally and externally combined their effects and made the result. Just because I fasted yesterday successfully doesn't mean I'm going to hit my goal weight tomorrow. Of I do, it's because I did things right for days and days and days in a row and progress didn't get delayed by something else (extra salt, DOMS, solar flares, or poisoned meatballs from my BIL on Thanksgiving-ugh! Bread crumbs? Why?)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I literally did everything this said except #7 worrying about cholesterol... If there was a Keto mistake to be made, I made it... :/ it all seems so obvious but I guess I needed to see it and I plan to make changes starting now.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I like the point about not having to obsess over food. I'm almost never hungry anymore. And for that matter when I am hungry it feels different. Hard to explain but it's more like a headache or just not feeling well.
  • sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I loved that scale point. My scale is reflecting what happened two weeks ago?! Of course! It all makes sense! Why didn't I think of it that way! Loved this!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It seems I have a lot of work to do.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Good link!

For me it was #6 The Quick fix. I've been keto for five months now, so why isn't my IR cured yet?! I want it now, now now! ;)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    All good here except food obsessed and driving my SO nuts. Read every label whilst I learn what has less than 4g natural sugar per 100g. Yoghurts are sometimes ok and other times will blow my sugar intake for the day. Less than 20 pct carb but more important is minimise sugars so the Candida yeast are not fed (they sound like gremlins in my gut ... whatever you do, do not feed them after midnight!)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Good link!

For me it was #6 The Quick fix. I've been keto for five months now, so why isn't my IR cured yet?! I want it now, now now! ;)

It seems my protein took over where my carbs left off.
    There's something to that no quick fix.

>:) or o:)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Love the Homer graphic. :)