One Week Post-op

Options
2»

Replies

• Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great especially with some unexpected difficulties. Good news with your heart. I had bad nausea the doctor called in a prescription for it and it was over in 2 days and I haven't needed the meds since. Hopefully yours passes soon. Keep up the good work!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Tawnykakers1! I just did my first extended walk - a slow 25 minutes. I am in the recliner now! Guess I shouldn't be surprised at how taxing that was. Felt good, but I will definitely rest until trying that again tomorrow. :p

Soon you will be at the one month mark. How is it going?
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great job bcedl1982! That is a nice long walk! I'm glad that you're doing so well. Walking totally makes me feel better too. Fatigue will be your friend for a little while, my friends and coworkers like to tease me about mine. They say that it's my "drunk mode" hahaha.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing well and exactly what they recommend. Here's to a speedy recovery!
  • bcedl1982
    Options
    Went on a field trip to Target this morning. Woo-hoo! Walked around & shopped then came home to lie down, lol! Water & fluids still going down fine. Only negative is that an irritation that was caused by the surgical dressing tape (not near the incisions, thank goodness) in a giant rectangle up near ribs, down sides of body & under lower abdomen has developed into a yeast infection on the surface of the skin. Don't want to share tmi, but I learned so much from what others posted that I'm putting it out there in case it happens to anyone else.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yea! Target. It does feel good to get out. Your doing awesome with your activity. I am now slowly getting my time up on my stepper. I am able to get 10min twice a day now. Walking is still my go to exercise. I also feel fatigued but it is slowly getting better. Do they have you on a cream for the yeast infection? Sounds like such a nuisance.
  • bcedl1982
    Options
    Stairsteppers are not easy, so that's impressive. I like your plan of breaking it into 2 sessions - will try that when I am allowed to do more activity.

Yes, they put me on a prescription cream. It does seem to be helping, but they also warned me the infection will take a while to eliminate. :o
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on that!! I had the joys of liquid diflucan after surgery...boooo! Here is to smooth recovery from here on out! Great job on exercise and fluids!!