December's goals (fa la la la laaaa)

Options
13»

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Just over a week left... eek. So busy this time of year and food choices are all over the place cause lazy/busy. But here is where I'm at so far with the goals and as we near the end of the year.

1. Finish NorthWest - Not even close but yeah, I modified as I'm just trying to write a little in in every day. Success on that so far. I get at least 100 words a day written in it. Right now I'm working on either chapter 14 or 15, depending on which I feel like writing as one is in North's pov and the other is in West's. Making good progress and soon they'll be on the next part of their adventure.

2. Selfie December challenge - Doing okay here. I did miss one day but that's okay. On some others I have done more than one picture posted, though most of the time it's not of me. The cats may have found their way on my instagram page, maybe...

3. Catch up in contests/reviews - in progress. In contact with other judges and am going to send out prizes soon. Then just have some reviews to do. Last three rounds had no entries so good to have it on a short vacation while getting things re-organized.

4. Lift heavy weights and jog - For the most part. Jogging isn't quite as much as I had planned but I also need a new area outside to go since my normal path is still flooded from all of the rain we've had. Lifting schedule is well in tact and I'm having fun even if I can't always lift as much as I'd like.

5. Stick to calorie range most of the time - ish. Close though some days are a push.

6. Target weight = 135 - we'll see. last time I stepped on the scale it was 136 but still have the holidays and whatever people bring in to work, plus the midnight shifts have thrown me off just a little. Back to regular schedule on Christmas.

Just the last bit of month to go, then it'll be time to figure out 2016. Craziness!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    1) Lift 3 times a week
    2) Squat 60kgs (did 55 yesterday)
    3) increase weights generally, maintaining form.
    4) be foodwise where possible but don't fret when festivities take over!
    5) Enjoy family time

Almost at the end of the year! Blimey! Penultimate reporting in from me then....

1) have been able to do this until this week when I have hurt my back. I've lifted 3 times a week consistently since I started on this journey, though, so I am very pleased with this and hope that my back issue doesn't stop me doing the same in 2016.
    2) DONE! last week I did one session where I lifted 60kg but couldn't do all my reps, but then on Saturday (pre- sore back) I did all 5 SL sets at 60kg with good form.
    3) Slowly but surely things are improving. Although DL at 70kgs looked ridiculously scrappy. I will be working on form rather than weight in January I think.
    4) It's Christmas....there is only so much good work that can be done, foodwise!
    5) We're both working long hours but am loving the time spent with my hubby...its our first Christmas since we got married, and for some reason that makes it *different*!

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    am loving the time spent with my hubby...its our first Christmas since we got married, and for some reason that makes it *different*!

Same here! I don't understand why, but it's nice :smile:
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    christch wrote: »
    My goals:
    1. Continue increasing bench. DL and front squat
    2. Drop another 1to2%bf
    3. Try not to get to stressed or grumpy with hubby and teenage kids while they're on summer holiday and I'm still working

1 yep added another 5kg to DL, bench, 2.5 kg on squat
    2 haven't checked bf but dropped 3.5kg over last 3weeks so maybe
    3 I'm trying really hard .... Been not to bad so far
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    December is almost over! My goal was to lose 2 lbs to hit my first goal of 120lbs. Well, I lost .5lb between Thanksgiving & Christmas & then gained 1.5lbs. Now I'm back to 122 & the same 2 lbs. I'm running PHUL now & it's going well. Got more free weights so I can increase with the DBs.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    One more day. We'll see as weight is back up but also lifted and jogged last night late. hmmm

Do know in January I'm going to work on being more consistent again with food logging and need to start weighing food cause I rarely ever do that. Think everything else in December is going pretty well except getting caught up but can still work on that. Have big plans for 2016 though. :smile:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    well, these were my benchmarks at the start of the month, with the rib issue at about 9 on the 1 to 10 scale:
    back squat: 90
    front squat: 55
    rows: 75
    ohp: 60
    bench: 72.5

i didn't list deadlift at all. so, where i am now, at the end of the month:

back squat 75
    front squat 45
    rows 65
    ohp 55
    bench 70
    [also deadlift 140, though i haven't tried it this week]

but the important thing is that the rib thing is now down to 2 or maybe 3, with me lifting those weights. so those were my lift-for-recovery numbers, and the improvement is the main kind of progress i wanted this month.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    re-posted. ignore.

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    1) stop the pity party
    2)90 lbs 1RM for OHP. My last tested 1RM on OHP was 6 weeks. I think I might have been able to get 85 lbs if I had been fresh. I am running just smolov jr on OHP for the next 3 weeks as my tailbone heals up.
    3) continue/get back to logging consistently and weighing consistently. I need the data

1) pity party stopped! Back at things the way I should be
    2) I got 85 lbs pretty easy yesterday but 90 lbs was more push press than strict press
    3) getting my data, nice and consistently. Did take a logging break for Christmas and Boxing Day but I am ok with that
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    End of month results...

1. Finish NorthWest - Ended up not finishing as expected. I have written almost every day but like one or two. I now have over 40,000 words, so that's a plus but have at least 20,000 more to go. Might stick with the 100 minimum a day in January or make it 250.

2. Selfie December challenge - Missed a day, I think, but other than that, success. Next up is a different instagram challenge, so won't have to just be pictures of me (relief).

3. Catch up in contests/reviews - still in progress. I got it organized and such, plus contacted judges. Then I didn't have much time away from work over the holidays. Will finish up in early 2016.

4. Lift heavy weights and jog - Yep. I jogged 50 minutes on treadmill so that counts as a second long jog. Should be back up to over an hour in the new year and hopefully flooding goes down in the next month or so and I can jog at the park again. Or I could try the track at the local university but eh, track... Lifting has gone well. Could have 1rm tested end of year instead of before November but tis okay. Will be making some goals in 2016 on the lifts for sure.

5. Stick to calorie range most of the time - Varied cause, as the end result shows.

6. Target weight = 135 - Nope. Back up to 139. Will have to work on it in January, get back to tracking everything and start weighing stuff too as I haven't done that really so far except on the rare occasion. Probably didn't help to try and eat cookies every day, maybe. Even if they were small ones. Which I still have half the box left... But really, deficit in January.

Not a bad month and hard to believe the year is almost over. I guess should check back on those goals too that I might have forgotten. I have some plans for 2016 and can't wait. :sunglasses:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    1. Increase weights on all lifts. I have moved from pre-weighted bars (20-40 lbs) to the Olympic bar - yay! Gotta keep moving forward!
    2. Get to 199.2 lbs by Dec 31 (8 lb loss for December).
    3. Start using whey protein shake supplement in place of my usual "not enough protein" afternoon snack.

Dec 15th check in:
    1. Check!! I have increased weights on all lifts! Yayy!! Some better than others. My squats - I kept increasing but my form was off, so I've dialed it back, got help with form, now slowly increasing again. All other lifts are definitely better and using more weight.
    2. This will be tougher than I thought. Currently at 205.4. Is it possible to hit 199.2 by Dec 31? Yes. Will it happen? Maybe??!!
    3. Check!! Having one protein shake daily!

Final December check in:

1. Check check!! Squat: 60 lbs; DL: 80 lbs; OH press: 40 lbs (struggles are real); Row: 75 lbs; Bench: 65 lbs
    2. Check!!! Technically did not happen until this morning. I was at 200.2 for the last 4 days. This morning weight: 198.2!! Hello onederland, you sexy devil!!
    3. Still having my daily protein shake :smiley:

I could move up to 70 lbs on the bench if I had a spotter. I know I can do it, but I have a hard time getting the bar off to begin.

I'm super happy with my progress!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    Ooh, goals!

1. Don't give up.
    2. Do 5x5 three times a week throughout December.
    3. During my work vacation (aka 16 Days of Sweatpants), work on my C25K program since I can't go to volleyball.
    4. Do some form of exercise every day, so I can have some cookies.
    5. Drink a buttload of water every day (for measurement purposes, let's call that 5 bottles, or 10 8-oz servings)

Progress Report:
    1. CHECK
    2. ALMOST. My gym closed Dec 24 - Jan 2 so I missed the last week.
    3. CHECK, did some C25K work until I got sick on Dec 27.
    4. NOPE, just because: gym closed, 2' snow, sick.
    5. CHECK for most days!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Last month was a total bust so this month I'm:
    1. Looking to maintain
    2. Strive for as many workouts as is feesible due to travel and family commitments. No metrics...
    3. Research 5-3-1
    Success = no weight gain over the holidays!

1. Gained like 2 pounds but it feels like more.
    2. Yeah right - zero, zip, nada unless trekking around shopping and six flags counts (which may explain why I only gained 2 pounds...)
    3. Nope. Researched activity trackers/smart devices instead and plan to continue 3x5 for now.
    Success? Not exactly but not too bad... Ready to gear up for Jan.