Confused

Options
JaiDessaT
JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group. I've lost 45 pounds eating moderately (usually between 1600 - 1800 calories) and having one off day (sometimes two) each week, where I eat what I want without counting calories.

I don't know how to proceed. I'd like to lose 20 - 40 pounds more, and I'm nursing my 2 year old (not producing more than one or so ounces per nursing session). I do cardio intervals 20 - 30 mins 3x a week, and body weight or dumbell weights (20lb) 3 x a week.

I'm 5'7.75" and 38 years old, 182 lbs (Thanksgiving water weight and 2 days of yumminess has me up by 4 lbs). Do I eat less than my tdee to lose weight, or will I lose weight while eating my tdee?

I hope this makes sense,

Thanks so much.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    JaiDessaT wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group. I've lost 45 pounds eating moderately (usually between 1600 - 1800 calories) and having one off day (sometimes two) each week, where I eat what I want without counting calories.

I don't know how to proceed. I'd like to lose 20 - 40 pounds more, and I'm nursing my 2 year old (not producing more than one or so ounces per nursing session). I do cardio intervals 20 - 30 mins 3x a week, and body weight or dumbell weights (20lb) 3 x a week.

I'm 5'7.75" and 38 years old, 182 lbs (Thanksgiving water weight and 2 days of yumminess has me up by 4 lbs). Do I eat less than my tdee to lose weight, or will I lose weight while eating my tdee?

I hope this makes sense,

Thanks so much.

Have you discussed this with your Dr. since you are nursing and not producing much milk? 500 cals a day go towards milk production, you are exercising a lot for eating at your current level. Use the TDEE calculators and see what your TDEE is and again discuss this with your Dr.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Since by definition TDEE is what you burn each day - if you eat that you maintain.

Now - what you could do that I saw suggested, was eat at estimated TDEE without accounting for milk production, which at this point isn't that great, but does indeed count as calories your body burns making it.

That creates an automatic deficit - probably not as much as you could safely take, but some and easy way to not worry about that changing amount daily.

Then when you want to eat more - gotta move more.

Are those strength training workouts still an actual workout to your body, I mean you do enough reps in the 5-15 range that it is difficult? Or do you have to get up to say 30 to even feel like you are working something?

With those being more difficult, you'll see great body transform even while losing slowly.