3 weeks post op & im stalling??

Options
I have read somewhere in the posts that there is such a thing as the 3 week stall, but now I cant find the post. I am 3 weeks out today and I have been losing 1-2 lbs pr day and for the last two days I have not lost anything...ahhhhh what am I doing wrong?

Replies

• badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    you're probably not doing anything wrong, unless you're not following your dr's instructions. many have a "stall" around the 3-5 week period.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and trust the process. Stalls will happen, but as long as your weight is dropping each week, it's all good. You can hold or even gain water for a dozen reasons, most of which you can do nothing about.

As long as your weight drops each week, you're good. Now is the time to start looking at weight loss with a long-term goal in mind. The "I lost a pound today" successes won't last long. If that's how you measure success, you'll soon find yourself frustrated. Take your measurements and weigh whenever you want, but look at the long-term goal and not at what happened today. There's a reason why I weigh daily, but my "official" weight happens every Tuesday morning. My surgery was on Tuesday, so that's where my weight week starts.

Also, it's not a stall unless it lasts at least 2 weeks and it's not a plateau until 6 weeks. Again, think long term and trust the process.
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, same thing is happening to me...but then my husband gave me a compliment on my butt and suggested that I should take my measurements. Best idea ever...I'm shrinking! Lol...I'm just rolling with it and I'm gonna wait until Monday to weigh myself again.
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    been there done that no biggee it happens
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I wish there was an active mod here who could make a sticky thread for these things everyone goes through.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I had a Huge stall - 4 weeks in and only lost 1kg in 3weeks!!!!!!

Im now happy to say that has now passed and have now lost 3kg in 2 weeks :)

I had a lot of advice from the wonderful peeps on here but what worked for me was increasing my cals from 500 a day to 650 - 700. I think the stall was my bodies way of saying " I'm healing, and need more energy ".

Believe me when I say, I know how you feel - but the wise peeps are right: this stall will pass.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The infamous three week stall! They're going to happen occasionally. It's all good as long as you're losing mass (take those measurements!). This is also the reason why I only weigh myself 1-2 times a week - I would get obsessed with every time the scale moves upwards, otherwise, even though it's trending downward consistently.
  • Gknee11
    Gknee11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You will be fine:) I had a 3 week stall and a 3 month stall and a few others! Just trust the process, make sure you're hitting your water, protein goals, and going to the bathroom regularly! You will breeze past this! Your body is just catching up to all the changes it has been going through:)
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Focus on the new healthy habits. Trust how your clothes fit more than the scale. The weight will come off.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you're still at an age to menstruate, that could be making a difference. Each month, without fail, I have a little blip that lasts 7-10 days just before, during, and after my period. I don't usually gain...just experience slow or no loss.
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    That is completely, totally, normal. It'll pass. Just keep doing what you're doing.