Accountable - WATER

Options
M3ltD0Vvn
M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
Howdy. I quit drinking cola a few years ago, and just that change was equal to 35lbs. That was an eye opener. No diet change, no increase in exercise. Just simply not drinking cola.

I'm starting to grab pop again, and I feel it being a negative.

Time to lead my horse to water - AND DRINK!

I keep 1 liter water bottles in the fridge, cold water seems to be the key for me. Tap or warm is meh. The colder, the easier it is to drink.

A note from (random) researchers:

Researchers estimate that drinking 2 liters (68 ounces) in one day can increase energy expenditure by about 96 calories per day. It may be best to drink cold water for this purpose, because then the body will need to expend energy (calories) to heat the water to body temperature.

My goal from this day forward is 2 liter of cold water a day.

\m/

Replies

• schlaker
    schlaker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I am halfway there today. I only drink sugar free pop - on rare occasions.
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I struggle to drink water on a daily basis. At times Im sure my body is dehydrated due to lack of water consumption.
  • schlaker
    Options
    Just try to increase your water intake a little at a time. It really helps with weight loss!
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In the winter it is hard for me to drink water. Even in a warm house, with it negative temps outside, I just want coffee!

1liter down so far today!
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new. I gave up fizzy drinks but struggle to drink the right amount of water. I glad there is a group to keep me accountable :smiley
    Will start tomorrow cause I know I haven't drunk enough nor do I know how much I have drunk for the day.
  • schlaker
    Options
    Hi missm2. Half the battle is joining a group for support. I too have to make an effort to get enough water in. It doesn't come naturally yet but I do feel more healthy and cleansed when I drink 8 cups minimum a day. I try to space it out.