Quickest ways to add more fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    breezy178 wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss I haven't had any problems with that so far. I sleep really well except for the fact that I have to get up to use the bathroom once or twice a night. SOOO much water lol. But I'm about 5 weeks in and I've noticed a stall in weight loss. I've only lost 4 lbs

I had some coconut oil last night (making sure the flavor was right in my fat bombs since it'd been forever since I made any!) and I'm happy to say it didn't mess me up too badly. :) I didn't notice anything really, but I was already really tired. I'm super happy you don't have that issue.

As for the waking up to pee, I'd rather do that than get dehydrated...plus as you get fully adapted, it levels off more.
  • breezy178
    breezy178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss I haven't had any problems with that so far. I sleep really well except for the fact that I have to get up to use the bathroom once or twice a night. SOOO much water lol. But I'm about 5 weeks in and I've noticed a stall in weight loss. I've only lost 4 lbs

I had some coconut oil last night (making sure the flavor was right in my fat bombs since it'd been forever since I made any!) and I'm happy to say it didn't mess me up too badly. :) I didn't notice anything really, but I was already really tired. I'm super happy you don't have that issue.

As for the waking up to pee, I'd rather do that than get dehydrated...plus as you get fully adapted, it levels off more.

Yay for coconut oil! :) I slept great last night and didn't wake up at all. How long can it take to become adapted? I'm worried that I'm not there yet. Maybe I'm consuming too many carbs.
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had a version of bulletproof tea last night with coconut oil and I woke up easier this morning. For me, I think I just found the key to a good morning- coconut oil before bed!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Yay for coconut oil! :) I slept great last night and didn't wake up at all. How long can it take to become adapted? I'm worried that I'm not there yet. Maybe I'm consuming too many carbs.

It starts to kick in, changing the whole system, around 4 weeks. It can take anywhere from 12 weeks to 6 months to completely adapt, depending on how damaged your metabolism and body is. Most folks find 12-20 weeks is generally the threshold where they start noticing improved athletic performance, improved levels of energy, better digestion, better sleep, reduced hunger, etc., etc., etc. Some folks start noticing the improvements far earlier, due to the extremely bad levels of their previous lives, so they may not notice when they "hit that stride," per se. I forget at what point the body starts reprogramming muscle mitochondria, but that's the biggest flag, really, that you get workout stamina back, and then can progress and even surpass previous performance levels.

I would not intentionally seek out coconut oil late in the day/evening, but if it occurs naturally, small doses shouldn't bother your sleep, etc., too much, though admittedly, some folks are far more sensitive to it than others.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get increased energy if I have MCT oil, but feel no difference from coconut oil...