oh dear

Options
Hi guys! I used to be pretty active in this group. Was doing fantastically well with the 5:2. Then I started lifting weights and I just couldn't really do both. Unfortunately I've gained about 6kgs since stopping the 5:2

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well then welcome back :#
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I remember you! ! :)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr it cut off half my post!

What I was saying, was that now that I know how to weigh foods properly, I think I was majorly underestimating my logging.

I'm worried that I won't be able to do a fast day properly.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Confused!
    Why can't you lift weights and do 5:2?
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    I get really hungry after lifting. Like ravenous. Sometimes I'm really hungry the next day as well. Is it possible to do both? Should I not lift on fast days?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I did both weights or cardio on fast days but did have to build up the cardio slowly to adjust to fasted training. In the end fasted training felt just the same as fed training.

If you are at maintenance calories on your "5 days" you should be coming into a fast day with your glycogen fully topped up so although you may feel hungry you should be pretty well fuelled for exercise. Would say try it and build up progressively.

Another alternative if you can't get on with fasted training is to do 6:1 and use the one fast day as your weekly rest/recovery day if you take one.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Ooh awesomeness!!!! Thank you!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Woooooo hooooo!!!! First fast day completed!!!!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great job mrsfitzyv8 - you are back at it!
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if your ravenous hunger is actually dehydration from working out...I've never weightlifted, but when walking get HANGRY until I drink 2 large glasses of water with lemon...then I'm fine.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Ooh that's a great idea. I've constantly got a drink bottle attached to me. I refill it about 6 times a day lol
    But yes exercising does dehydrate me. Maybe I should drink more
    Thank you :)