Motivation accountability and support December AKA Christmas Season

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Okay the weekly thread has gotten so quiet, and December is a crazy month so i am going for the whole month. I enjoy the weekly posts but this one is a three week one!

My goals are:
Too loose that 1 lbs or better yet 3 would bring me to 15 total!
To drink at least 2 bottles of water a day
Too not miss my pills anymore

I am having a bad month and i just hope it doesnt get to bad i got a wedding anniversary amd a birthday this month on top of christmas so im hoping!

Replies

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Busy time of year!!! Nice goals, they should be in reach. It's just the beginning of the month, hope it gets better!!! Be kind to yourself, you are doing great n you are human!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Pandabear0324
    Pandabear0324 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Great goals! I am new to these group posts and stuff but my goals before the new year are: 1) get to a solid 45lb loss (about 3.5lbs to lose) 2) not over-indulge in christmas baking/snacking 3) get re-motivated to hit the gym as I have been dragging myself through it the past week 4) start remembering to take my multivitamin

I believe these are good goals for me. Not sure if I will get the loss I am hoping for because it has massively slowed down but I will try my hardest!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I like your goal for christmas baking/eating, i love to bake and taste!!

So last week was intense for me. But im feeling better this week!! I had my ultrasound on my thyroid and throat, it came back as my having thyroid nodules, now i have to have a biopsy, or fine needle aspiration of my nodules, the words even start the panic attacks! I hate needles!!!

Then they may have to take my thyroid out!
    So December isnt getting better yet.. But it's only half way, hopefully things move quickly!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Where is everyone??

Christmas is such a busy time, i thought i should check in!

Had my blood work today gotta wait a week to see what my A1C is
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have not been working on any healthy goals for a couple of weeks. Maybe I will use my day off to reset.

I did well yesterday when I did not over indulge despite all the treats my coworkers brought in but stuck with the salad I brought for lunch and the veggies with low calorie dip.

HLaR79, I hope the news from the Dr is positive.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I lost my 1 lbs that was my december goal! Maybe i can still loose one more! I know insanely slow weight loss goals but it is working for me!

I have now lost 13 lbs from my highest!!

Still have not heard if my A1C results but i only went on Thursday so probably hear this week!

I hope everyone is enjoying the christmas time
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Well, I am exhausted after a very busy day at school. The kids are getting restless...

I went way over my sodium count today but was under calories. I'll try to watch that closer tomorrow.

• HLaR79
    Options
    Drink lots of water flush it back out!
    Sodium is a constant struggle for me, i find we just eat too much processed foods!

I got the "call" from my doctor need to go see her in the new year for my diabetes blood work

My crazy life!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I need to be here with all of you amazing people. today I am just going to have an easy day. I am making better choices I know I'm having baked ziti for dinner because my husband wants it. So I will just give my self a cup and have some fruit with it. No bread. as for lunch I plan on having a grilled chicken salad. i will change this mood I have and making it better
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Hi skittles positive thoughts go a long long way!

Take care of yourself :)

Merry Christmas to all my mfp pals! I hope that everyone is enjoying their holiday

Turkey is cooking dessert is setting and my son is so happy - it feels like Christmas
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I survived one Christmas dinner, though my calories were high it was because everything was made with rich cream and butter. I didnt over eat and now i have the flu and i am on my second day of miserable pain! i am thankful though that it did not start Christmas day! Gingerale and bread is the only things that dont hurt my.tummy

Hope everyone is having a better post Christmas

• jltheis7
    Options
    So sorry you don't feel well; take care of yourself.

I did well on Christmas Eve. I took fruits and veggies to my sister's which we snacked on while playing games. Her kids gave me a huge fruit basket they put together so I have lots of fresh fruits instead of candy to have over the winter break. Now I just need to work on getting more physical activity. I wish I wasn't at work so I could take a walk in the gorgeous sunshine today.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    We had fish for the eve n turkey day. Those d______ cookies, I didn't make many but ending up in tummy!!!
    Can't believe with rehab still having problems!!! Happy New Years!!!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Alright back to feeling better, i ate a full meal today for supper and it stayed in its place!
    Sounds like a nice Christmas @jltheis7 i wouldnt have thought to take a baggie of snacks with me

Sounds like a nice dinner for you @17761776
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I made baked lemon-pepper chicken, baked kale, and mashed potatoes. I need to substitute potatoes with cauliflower...I just don't have the money to get it right now. Too many medical bills to pay off from last year.

Once they are under control I will make even more healthy choices. I have completely stopped eating fast food and I don't miss it at all. That's not surprising seeing that fast food was mostly what I ate before starting this journey. I can't eat fast food anymore anyway...not since my surgery anyway.

I haven't lost very much weight yet but that will come in time. I'm more worried about my food intake right now. I have never really had good eating habits so I need to make sure I have it under control before moving to the next goal. As I said, all in due time.