Weekly Post 07.12. - 14.12.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
A bit of a Christmas Fast today...fast meals were fine, but ate a few of the Christmas cookies we made last weekend :) But I also went for a 45min run, so all is good.

A swim tomorrow morning and my next fast and run on Thursday.

Have a wonderful week!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Christmas baking :Christmas: I love Christmas baking. Today is all about rum balls and mars bar slice balls
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Yay for a good fast day. After yesterday's fallout with the Christmas cookies, my tummy now feels better again ; -)
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Got in my fast days early this week (Mon and Wed), to help surround the Tuesday Office Holiday Party. I still tracked calories that day and guestimated the party and kept right around my TDEE for Tuesday.

Today has been easy-peesy with normal eating (my new 1600 calorie normal, not my old 2500 calorie normal). I actually forgot to make breakfast and just went for a yogurt instead. This week's goal is all about good choices on the feed days and being in charge of my eating (not having my eating take charge of me).
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Have a hard time with fasting some weeks. With a family of 4 I'm either having to make a meal for all of us or am eating leftovers! It's difficult saying I'll eat soup when I'm making a full dinner for others. Also the Son works for Pizza Hut and is constantly bringing home free pizza!!!! I don't like when I sound selfish and claim the day as a fast day and leave them to fix there own, but I must get better/or more use to that, for me to succeed! Ahhhh... balance!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I hear ya. Cooking for everyone else sucks while fasting. I either make them a favourite food that I don't like or serve myself up a teeny portion
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am so glad my husband is doing this with me, when we're not together on a diet it's nearly impossible. I've been telling my daughter to supplement whenever she feels like she's not getting enough food, or I'll make some sort of carb to add on to her meal.

I did Tuesday/Thursday fasts this week and lost 2 pounds! :) This was my 2nd week of the diet and so far I'm finding the first fast easy, and the second one a little more difficult. I may consider switching to 2 regular days between fasts to see if that helps.

I'm going camping this weekend in an area with spotty cell service, so not sure I'll be able to maintain my check-in streak, but I'll try.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    2 days in between helped me in the beginning.

Great, that you have your support group! And kudos to all that cook for the family on a fast day!

I only have to cook for myself. I make alot of veggie stews/thick sous. Could imagine those working for everyone at the table. Add a little meat, bread or cheese and they have a normal meal.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    @mamainthekitchen I hear ya. Cooking for everyone else sucks while fasting. I either make them a favourite food that I don't like or serve myself up a teeny portion

Ahhh....sucks is right! The daughter is lactose intolerant and doesn't eat ground beef, or fish, or anything with a bone, or pork (there goes ham & pork tenderloin) and doesn't want to eat heavy pasta meals! That leaves deboned chicken! Luckily she is older, working & nursing school keep her busy that about 3 days/wk we don't have to worry about her. I've been at this for about 55 days now so I've had lots of fast days that really work because I've lost 3" off my waist!! So maybe I'm ranting for nothing :s and I really wish my husband would do this with me too Boombalatty, although him seeing me looking slimmer while still eating steak & red wine has had him wondering -ha! Sorry to rant everyone, I think I should also write a food diary for the fam so I can recreate my fast meals & their meals and put it all 'on repeat' as needed! :D
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    I'm making today a fast. Cause it's my sons birthday party. I'm racing around like a mad chook anyway and I won't have time to eat properly.
    So what happens? I get my fasting runs.... Thanks body.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    dzpd23rntuyk.jpg

But yep an awesome cake even if I do say so myself
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    As well you should, Fitzy!! I would call it extraordinary!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    As well you should, Fitzy!! I would call it extraordinary!!

^^Ditto!!! ^^ Well done!!
    Love that cake! I made Grave Digger for my son when turning 4 (15 yrs ago!). Hope you had a great day celebrating!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Moon Pies!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Nope. They're wagon wheels