Keto sticks and random ???

Options
vazquezmom7
vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
I finally but the keto sticks. I am going to stop wrighing daily and instead focus on being in keto. So.... when is the best time to check my urine? I drink a lot of water.

Also how do you feel about protein powder?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    The results you get on the urine strips is a delayed response. Meaning it reflects where ketones were about 2 hours earlier. At least that's what the endocrinologist told my daughter and I.
    So, if you want to know where ketones are overnight, test first thing in the morning. If you want to know how exercise affects it, test a couple hours after. Same with foods.
    If you're drinking a lot of water, you can expect it show you lower ketones too simply because of dilution. But if you're waking up with a fair test and keep the carbs down, there's no reason to expect that you wouldn't be showing ketones all day. If you tested midday and had none, it could be water intake or some sneaky carbs.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yep I test first thing in mornings.
    Love that I have a way of tracking in only a 24 hour period. I get the tick of approval each morning on how I went the day before, or motivation to make that day count.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I test first thing in the morning (not every day but often enough). Occasionally I've tested at other times during the day.