Come and say hello - don't be shy!

Options
MPower1987
MPower1987 Posts: 16 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
So I am new to counting macros. I am week 2 of C3 and preparing for going it alone. I am hoping to track my macros after the plan so I am inputting my meals as I go from now on in MFP in preparation.

If it doesn't work.... there is always the graduate plan :#

Prior to BC I had an awful diet. I have learnt so much and without the FB support I would have quit a long time ago. It's been a real education and something I hope to build on in the coming months.

Where is everyone else at and what's your story?

Replies

• debboc
    debboc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm just about to start c3 and I'm going to start tracking to prepare for being thrown into the big wide world of macro's
    X
  • kaffrinette
    kaffrinette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Thanks for this Maddie, think it will really help. I am still learning - only got macros last fri!
  • mishedmashedtash
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Im a graduate of 3 months doing my own thing. Macros are really annoying at first but im getting the hang of it and still have lost my inches but put on 2kg... 2kg of muscle I reckon... lol.
  • MPower1987
    Options
    That's good to hear! At the moment it feels like such a change from having it all worked out to going it alone.

Would you be able to do a post how you got started with macros and how you found it?

I've been reading Michael Mathews thinner, leaner stronger, bodybuidling.com and MFP all have slightly different theories.
  • Rachagnes
    Rachagnes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm waiting for my plan to arrive - but was already on mfp!
    Hopefully the 90 days will give me a good run up to get this right!
  • miazul
    miazul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI there, I'm doing the grad plan for a month just to give me time to put things onto here and start going it alone. Looking forward to finding out how everyone has managed so far and top tips :)
  • sclthornton
    sclthornton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi team!! I graduated around a month ago; have been sticking to principles c1 & c3 (carbs post training only etc) and crossfitting 4 times a week
    But have had a nightmare with self control at work and eating cookies!
    So an email to my support pal Jack B and Iv paid for the MFP premium. I am committed!! I was totally scared off macros to start with as I didn't want this to take over my life!! However I can't say it doesn't work if I haven't given it a good go!
    Let's do this! Xx
  • RMarts2305
    RMarts2305 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, graduated back on October 13th, with great results. I finished the plan 7kg and 21.5 inches down, I then took 1 month measurements and had lost another kg and another 2.5 inches. Have been tracking macros, but every weekend there has been something in the diary that has involved booze, so I feel like I am fire fighting rather than making progress. Hoping that will settle down once Christmas is out of the way.
    I am due to take next lot of weights/measurements next week, but clothes still feel great and I don't think I've gone backwards at all. I decided to go with macro's as I was scared of being left to my own devices, I actually have slightly less than BC recommended but that's just my preference. I have carbs every day, but higher on training days and have the bulk of my carbs in my refuel meal. I still have protein shakes, but whenever I fancy rather than just after training. I don't take any supplements. I'm kind of an "If it fits my macro's" kind of girl, life is too short not to have chocolate from time to time, or a glass of festive Baileys! I thought tracking would be too obsessive, but I get on with it fine and it doesn't take me more than 5 minutes to plan my day out.

Training wise I have been going to spin classes 4-5 times a week, this is all my schedule has allowed so far, but will be able to do weights from next week, so am planning on using my weights at home and doing GVT mixed with HIIT for a month to kick start the new year, plus zero booze from Jan 1st which will help. I was going to do the post grad SAS plan but want to see how the first batch of people get on before I commit to it!

Loving the fact there's a little group on here now too, sometimes FB gets a bit much for me! Hope you all get on okay, looking forward to bouncing ideas off of each other.
  • natashaboxell10
    natashaboxell10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ahhh love this! Not getting sas plan as not sure for me yet! Enjoying doing my own thing and even though not always on here pretty much reckon I hit what I need too and if I have the odd slip up it doesn’t matter!
    I do bootcamp and x1/2 spin a week plus X2 weight training/hiit days! I spend once a week dedicated to my legs as they are the area am focusing on!
    Love having this group on here! Xx
  • MPower1987
    Options
    Wow Rmarts that's really impressive. How did you find the transition. Would you be able to do a quick how to get started post in the discussions section? I know that's what most newbies are after?

Natasha the training sounds great. I'm looking forward to spinning again and varying the exercise.

What have you done macros wise? What are your aims?
  • GladysJaffaKnight
    Options
    Hi guys, I graduated last Saturday, just getting to grips with tracking my macros, it's getting easier! Training day today and I seem to have eaten sooooo many carbs! I really don't want to go back to the C2 levels! Also, I'm easily going over my protein every day, it seems to be hidden everywhere lol! It might be the seeds in my wholemeal? X
  • natashaboxell10
    natashaboxell10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MPower1987 goals are to maintain my weight but lean up legs bit more if that's possible! I am not following BC anymore as trying it alone to.see how I feel but I may try sas after Xmas of I fall back.into bad habits and that is not eating enough! I am eating more carbs than ever before as finding metoblism higher and waking hungry! See how things go......exercise wise o love weights so trying less reps but heavy at mo and mixing up my cardio between spin, bootcamp.and hiit sessions! X
  • carlacringle
    carlacringle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me maddy! I am 1.5 months post plan and same weight as finishing but pics show more muscle definition. To start with I didn't like the idea of counting macros (having spent years on mfp calorie counting and eating dust!), But without the plan I was starting to drift so have taken the plunge and started macro counting on here. Have actually been pleasantly surprised how it's helped and makes a change from my old days of 1200 calories!! Nice to meet you all
  • 58Mash
    58Mash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Evening folks,
    I'm just checking in to say hi.
    I finish C3 of my plan on Christmas Eve and can't wait for our bbq goose on Christmas Day
  • joannagalbraith13
    Options
    Hey Maddie, you went to my school and you were in the same year as my cousin Rachel Bratton! Don't know if you'll remember me but it's nice to see people I know doing BC too! I'm about to start C3 properly as have been messing around since xmas doing bits and bobs! Aim to get super toned eventually!! Not looking forward to going it alone so pages like this are ace :)
  • Talnan
    Talnan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add maddie! I started counting macros after graduation last week but gave up over Christmas as plan eating went out the window. Will be back on it after new year though so thanks for this group x
  • hoofingchick
    hoofingchick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add, finishing c2 soon and need to start the habit of logging to get used to post plan. Been off plan a bit over Xmas although kept up phys don't want to restart so will plough on through and keep going post plan so this groups is awesome Idea.
  • onlylesley
    onlylesley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add .Graduated back in the summer but due to a family illness and death I've not exercised since the beginning of October but am impressed that I've not gained inches of weight
  • Maddiehunt73
    Maddiehunt73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for adding me. I graduated on 23rd Dec and have started TLS today. Also started using MFP to try and track my macros & calories. I've found the TLS macros worked out lower than BC graduate ones so I'll see how that goes for now and might adjust them. Does anyone know why MFP doesn't recognise weight training? Trying to input it and it won't acknowledge it as calories?? X
  • emmalr8686
    emmalr8686 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So chuffed to find this group! Graduated just before Christmas then got flu (which I'm battling to get rid of!) so looking at getting back into things as soon as I'm 100%. Just started playing around with tracking macros - feels so daunting but I need it to become a lifestyle and def not an obsession!