Sodium and peri menopause

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
Does anyone else feel that they are more sodium sensitive now that the hormones are raging daily?? It used to not bother me, but now even just going slightly higher in sodium I see the weight increase immediately, and I feel the puffiness in my hands and feet! And it takes FOREVER to go away.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I would say 2013-2015 especially. Now, not so bad.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yes I am noticing that too. Everything is making me fatter than it used to and the fat won't budge.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! I eliminated club soda back in October and must have lost 10 lbs just from that! Never knew club soda had so much sodium!! Now I'm watching other foods....crazy!
  • djmom1984
    djmom1984 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes! Having periods every three months now and put on 3 lbs overnight if I overdo the sodium.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am definitely sodium sensitive now. When you start looking at sodium in foods it's shocking. My doctor has me try to stay closer to1750 mg which can be pretty dang tough.
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yuppppp. I have learned to go without salt a lot of the time just because I'm tired of my shoes and rings getting tight.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I haven't been off of hormones, either BC pills or HRT, since I was 34, but the thing I loved most about going on the pill, for my female trouble, was that suddenly I could eat normal amounts of salt without puffing up. I'm still on HRT, and I don't know what will happen if I go off it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh yes, me, me me/// sigh