New to Medifast

Options
ryansmommie68
ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
Hi everyone. I just started Medifast on Saturday. Would love to have some friends and support. It was hard making the decision but I'm glad I did. I'm feeling a lot better already. The last couple of days I have gone over my calorie count and it has me a little down on myself! I just need to get passed this and know that I'm still on track....tomorrow is new day!:)
Hope everyone had a great day!:)

Replies

• jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

You can't let little slip ups get to you it happens to the best of us...just keep your eye on your goals & never give up!
    Wishing you the best on your Medifast journey and feel free to friend me!
  • Rosiemac2
    Rosiemac2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck...remember to weigh and measure everything ...it makes a difference....drink the water:) I also used the tsfl site as well.
  • ShannonM816
    Options
    Hi! I've just restarted Medifast about two weeks ago, I did it a few years ago and lost about 50 lbs, but then I just sort of stopped and gained it all back. This time I'm determined to stick with it until I get to goal, and I've started going through Dr. A's Habits of Health book. I'm hopeful that this time I'll be able to lose the weight and keep it off. I'm tired of being fat and tired and feeling like a failure.

I was happy to find this group, since I've been using MFP to track my food, but the boards here can be a little negative.
  • ryansmommie68
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad to be here, i know how important support is. I hope that I can help support you all as well.

I ended up going in to a center near my home because i really needed to have that accountability. Tomorrow is my weigh in so i'm excited to see how I have done. I have been weighing myself at home and the scale is barely moving but its moving! My clothes are looser so that is helping me stay motivated. I've always been a slow loser but feeling my clothes loose on me is better than a number on the scale right? :)

How long did you all wait to exercise? I exercised one day this week and the next day i was so hungry, worse than day 1! I do swim everyday with my son so maybe i'll keep it to that for the first week and give my body a little more time to adjust?

Hope you all have a great day!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your going to do great! I was able to lose 75lbs and I have kept it off for over a year and a half. Its a wonderful program.
  • mjones6599
    mjones6599 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi! I started Medifast in the middle of March this year. Less than 4 months later, I am down 37 pounds and 3 pounds away from my goal. I tried to lose the weight on my own, losing only 20 pounds in 10 months. With Medifast, the weight loss has been consistent and dramatic, going from a size 20 when I first joined, to now wearing a size 8. I found that the program was incredibly easy to follow. It will be worth every penny to see the weight melt off at a steady pace. Congratulations! This program will CHANGE your life!
  • ryansmommie68
    Options
    Hi! Thanks everyone for your support and motivation.
    MCLA4mom, congrats on your weight loss and for keeping it off. I hate that so many "haters" bash the program saying that we will gain it all back. You are living proof that this is very possible! Thank you!!

Congrats mjones. You are so close to goal, I cant imagine the feeling. I can't wait! But I will take it slow and steady. I welcome any little ounce that melts off!

I did good for my first week. Down 3 pounds. I got up on Saturday and walked and same today. It feels great to have energy again! :flowerforyou:
    Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
  • tyanna68
    tyanna68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, I just started again on MF. Last time I did not keep track of calories and this time I'm just using MFP because it helps me keep accountable on my l&g but do we really need to keep track of calories??
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No you don't need to track calories or anything while your on the 5 & 1. It's all calculated for you. Thats what makes it so easy!
  • AJisCommittedtoSuccess
    Options
    As long as we're sticking to the lean and green guidelines, I don't think we NEED to count calories. I count them because it's good training and a great habit to get into before reaching my transition and maintenance phases.
  • tyanna68
    Options
    Ya that's what I assumed. I do it just because it keeps me accountable. I had my MFP set to show up on my FB but my coach questioned me counting calories so I changed that setting.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am doing calories because I use fitbit so...I try to add extra protein and nuts but stay in ketosis. It is working so far!
  • tyanna68
    Options
    The fit bit, does it have hrm?
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No, I use polar h7 Bluetooth strap and digifit.