New Here

Options
SoosannahK
SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
Just saying Hi to everyone. Been doing low carb for about 6 weeks now and things are going well for me. No complaints at all. Decided to join to get some food ideas since my food has gotten a little boring and I wanted to kick it up a little bit. Also everyone IRL thinks I am weird because of the way I eat although I did manage to convert a coworker who has not lost any weight on his 300g carb/day diet. He started his dieting the same time I went low carb. He had me set him up yesterday. I think he wants to achieve my boundless energy I have gained over the past month and a half not to mention my slow but steady weight loss and baggy pants.

So hello everyone, I'm glad to be here and all your food pics look amazing and I can't wait to try a few out.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome Soosannahk ...ruled.me and pinterest.com is where I get my food ideas from :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Soosannahk!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Tons of food ideas on Pinterest and a blog...I breathe, I'm hungry :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. :). It is a great bunch of people around here.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Welcome! Glad things are going well for you. The fact that you've already converted somebody else to this way of eating speaks volumes! I get lots of food ideas here plus a couple low carb Facebook pages I follow. When in doubt, I do a Google search for "Keto _____" and come up with some great alternatives. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Don't forget the obscenely long list of recipe sites in the Launch Pad. Scroll to the bottom of that thread. :wink:
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! And all the recipe tips. I don't do Facebook, but I have searched out Pinterest and found some great ideas and recipes. Looking forward to expanding my low carb recipes.