Running/fitness related Christmas Gift Wish List

Options
busyPK
busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
What are you asking for (or getting for yourself) this Christmas that is running or fitness related? I find it very hard to ask for things as most of them I'd like to try on/pick out for myself like shoes and new workout clothes.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Accessory type things... socks, lock laces, wind/rain vest, nutrition, foam roller, reflective gear/lights (if you run at night), body wipes.

I've also been known to provide links to exact clothing that I want, but some people might think that's kind of obnoxious. It works for my family, though.

I also try to stop buying for myself in the fall and instead use those things as possible gift ideas. Obviously that doesn't help you now, but...
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of getting a fitbit after christmas if my husband doesn't get me one. I usually get new running shoes in the summer/fall and I need to buy those for myself, also, I need to buy workout clothes for myself. However, my husband and I always get each other workout socks for almost every present giving occasion (we just seem to go through socks quickly). Nike dry-fit socks are the best. My husband considers his monthly membership to Orange Theory Fitness and his Personal Trainer at the gym to be presents to himself as well. Last year I bought a Concept2 Rower for us as a Christmas gift to add to our home gym.
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    What are you asking for (or getting for yourself) this Christmas that is running or fitness related? I find it very hard to ask for things as most of them I'd like to try on/pick out for myself like shoes and new workout clothes.

I really need new shoe and want a Garmin watch but I prefer to buy myself that when I save some cash. I feel bad asking for presents it is for kids. After all Christmas is for meeting family not for clustering unneede objects :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I think I'll go with new socks and sports bras. I'm going to look into a rain jacket/vest and see if I can find a link for my parents. I just ordered myself some kettleballs...I couldn't wait, lol.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas. I think I'll go with new socks and sports bras. I'm going to look into a rain jacket/vest and see if I can find a link for my parents. I just ordered myself some kettleballs...I couldn't wait, lol.

I love my kettle bells, excellent purchase.
  • MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a Polar geek. I bought the M400 smartwatch a few months ago, and I swear by it now. It tracks just about everything, and you can link it to your phone to get notifications too. I also just bought myself an early Christmas present, with the M450 bike computer. Yep...I'm a geek.